Stop aplications with WSH
Author Message
 Stop aplications with WSH

I want to stop and restart explorer.exe in Win98SE to read the modifications that
I have done in the registry.
Does anyone know how can I do it??

Mon, 30 Jun 2003 17:44:25 GMT
 Stop aplications with WSH
Don't know how to do that but you could simply force a reboot...

The following is an excerpt from a previous post by Tom Lavedas...

Windows 98:

Closes all programs and prompts you to log on:
  rundll32.exe shell32.dll,SHExitWindowsEx

To cause a complete system reboot, use the command line:
  rundll32.exe shell32.dll,SHExitWindowsEx 2

This powers down the system on laptops and systems equipped with ATX
power supplies:
  rundll32.exe shell32.dll,SHExitWindowsEx 5

Reference URL for preceding items:
http://www.zdnet.com/pcmag/pctech/content/solutions/oe1804a.htm

From other sources for Win 9x:

  rundll32.exe User.exe,ExitWindowsExec 5        % restarts %
  rundll32.exe User.exe,ExitWindows              % shuts down %

Also a reboot for Win 9x:
Ref: microsoft.public.scripting.VBScript, "Mark L. Ferguson"

  rundll.exe user.exe, ExitWindowsExec EW_REBOOTSYSTEM , 0

In all cases, the text after the comma is case sensitive!

Tom Lavedas

Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

I want to stop and restart explorer.exe in Win98SE to read the modifications
that
I have done in the registry.
Does anyone know how can I do it??

Tue, 01 Jul 2003 03:58:04 GMT

1. Stop, Stop, Stop..... Please HELP (code included)

2. install aplications

3. accessing a aplications class

4. Runing console mode aplications

5. Importing .ps files into MS Windows aplications

6. Starting and Stopping NT Services with ADSI,wsh, and VBScript

7. Start/Stop a NT Service using wsh/adsi

8. Using WSH to stop and start WinNT Services

9. How to stop a running WSH script

10. New Idea for Stopping WSH-based Worms?

11. Stop does not open up the WSH debugger

12. Start / Stop Applications via WSH