Running programs on the server through ASP/WSH
Author Message
 Running programs on the server through ASP/WSH

Hi!
I am trying to run programs on the server through ASP/WSH. Ultimately, i
would like to successfully create a .gif from arguments supplied by a
webclient (as someone has done in an earlier post).
Now on to a couple of questions:

    1. How do I control a non-microsoft program through scripting? I know
that I have to use WshShell.Run, but if anyone could tell me anything else
about what arguments to send to the program, besides from the information
supplied at msdn, I would really appreciate it. For example the text that I
want to write on the button that I want to create, where to save it etc.

    2. Does the program have to be located in a special folder on the
server? Will c:\program files\ work as well as c:\inetpub\wwwroot?

Grateful for any replies

/Jonas Ekl?f

Sun, 17 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Running programs on the server through ASP/WSH

The WshShell.Run method's first argument is the "command line".  You format it exactly as you would type it into the Windows Run Dialog box.  If it's a DOS or console mode program you probably want "%comspec% /c ..." in the command line arguments as well.

The 2nd argument is the "window style" which (on a server) you probably want set to 0 for hidden.

The 3rd argument is a Boolean true/false with true meaning you want to wait for the program to end before continuing in the script code.

HTH

--
Michael Harris

[...]

1. Can wsh be ran at the server for clients PC's without wsh

2. run a program on a server?

3. how to run programs on server

4. Running programs with WSH

5. How to Run a program with vbs/wsh

6. Running programs with a WSH script

7. Running DOS-Programs from WSH

8. running external programs from ASP (on local or remote machines)

9. running external programs from ASP (on local or remote machines)

10. running external programs from ASP (on local or remote machines)

11. Opening a Program using WshShell.Run in an asp page

12. ASP Program for Orbix_2.3c Server on Unix