COM Wrapper object?
Author Message
 COM Wrapper object?

Hi all,

I am trying to write a COM wrapper object to wrap around the Windows
scripting engine. Basically all I need is to have this COM object to be able
to pass and handle VB script (i.e. Create/edit/save/delete/launch). Is there
any hints/lead that anyone can give me? I visited the
http://www.*-*-*.com/ , but it doesn't tell me much whether I
can just simply write a wrapper class around the Windows Scripting Host
engine.

Any help?! It's kind of urgent!

I greatly appreciate any helps in advance.

Kelvin

Fri, 24 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 COM Wrapper object?

Microsoft Windows Script Interfaces-Introduction
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/hosting/iactivescript/scripting.htm

--
Michael Harris
MVP Scripting

http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting, but it doesn't tell me much whether I
can just simply write a wrapper class around the Windows Scripting Host
engine.

Any help?! It's kind of urgent!

I greatly appreciate any helps in advance.

Kelvin

Fri, 24 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 COM Wrapper object?

A much easier, ready made solution...

Microsoft Scripting Technologies: Script Control
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/scriptcontrol/default.htm

--
Michael Harris
MVP Scripting

Hi all,

I am trying to write a COM wrapper object to wrap around the Windows
scripting engine. Basically all I need is to have this COM object to be able
to pass and handle VB script (i.e. Create/edit/save/delete/launch). Is there
any hints/lead that anyone can give me? I visited the
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting, but it doesn't tell me much whether I
can just simply write a wrapper class around the Windows Scripting Host
engine.

Any help?! It's kind of urgent!

I greatly appreciate any helps in advance.

Kelvin

Fri, 24 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 COM Wrapper object?
But doesn't this only apply to Visual Basic?  We are developing an
application using VC++ and COM+, hence I don't think it applies to our
scenario.

Quote:
> A much easier, ready made solution...

> Microsoft Scripting Technologies: Script Control
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/scriptcontrol/default.htm

> --
> Michael Harris
> MVP Scripting

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I am trying to write a COM wrapper object to wrap around the Windows
> scripting engine. Basically all I need is to have this COM object to be
able
> to pass and handle VB script (i.e. Create/edit/save/delete/launch). Is
there
> any hints/lead that anyone can give me? I visited the
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting, but it doesn't tell me much whether I
> can just simply write a wrapper class around the Windows Scripting Host
> engine.

> Any help?! It's kind of urgent!

> I greatly appreciate any helps in advance.

> Kelvin

Fri, 24 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 COM Wrapper object?

The Script Control is just a COM component that can be hosted as an invisible control (like any other ActiveX control) or as a server component.  It really doesn't care if the host application is VB/VBA/VBScript/JScript/VC++/Delphi/..........

Visual Programmer: Add Scripting to Your Apps with Microsoft ScriptControl -- MSDN Magazine, June 2000
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/0600/visualprog/visualprog06...

--
Michael Harris
MVP Scripting

But doesn't this only apply to Visual Basic?  We are developing an
application using VC++ and COM+, hence I don't think it applies to our
scenario.

Quote:
> A much easier, ready made solution...

> Microsoft Scripting Technologies: Script Control
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/scriptcontrol/default.htm

> --
> Michael Harris
> MVP Scripting

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I am trying to write a COM wrapper object to wrap around the Windows
> scripting engine. Basically all I need is to have this COM object to be
able
> to pass and handle VB script (i.e. Create/edit/save/delete/launch). Is
there
> any hints/lead that anyone can give me? I visited the
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting, but it doesn't tell me much whether I
> can just simply write a wrapper class around the Windows Scripting Host
> engine.

> Any help?! It's kind of urgent!

> I greatly appreciate any helps in advance.

> Kelvin

Fri, 24 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. COM-Object in ASP with COM-Object as parameter

2. COM-Object in ASP with COM-Object as Parameter

3. Need to Access ASP Session Objects from External COM Object

4. Passing an Array object to a C++ COM object

5. VBScript calling to a COM object that expects a user-defined object

6. Is There a Security COM Object Or A list Of All COM Objects?

7. use custom ActiveX com object in ASP

8. Retreiving data from Java server through WinSock COM object

9. Creating Com Object in Global.asa

10. 800ac352 error when intanciating a COM object in server side vbs

11. Access to COM Object