Progress Indicator?
Author Message
 Progress Indicator?

    Is there a way to show progress in the execution of a script without
stopping or pausing the script as a msgbox would do? Something similar to a
progress bar?

Thanks,
Jim

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:18:53 GMT
 Progress Indicator?
Hi

To get an idea, go to Jim Warringtons (fun to read) Web site:

http://home.att.net/~wshvbs/index.htm#UsingIEforDialogs

(or if you are comfortable using notoriously untrustworthy and unreliable
third-party controls as Jim Warrington says it ;-)
http://home.att.net/~wshvbs/index.htm#wshLtWtNonModalDlg

You could also try do a newsgroup search. You can use
http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search to search in a news database
having articles dated back to all the way to 1995.

Fill in *scripting in the Newsgroup field to narrow down the search to the
scripting groups only!

Regards,
Torgeir

Quote:

>     Is there a way to show progress in the execution of a script without
> stopping or pausing the script as a msgbox would do? Something similar to a
> progress bar?

> Thanks,
> Jim

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:44:28 GMT
 Progress Indicator?

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Progress Indicator?
Jim Warrington's is fun to see but not fun to use. It's ocx. It uses
msvbvm60.dll and not convinient for distributing.
I have an idea of pure scripting.

set sll=createobject("wscript.shell")
for i = 1 to 3
 k=k & "/"
 sll.popup "going..." & vbcrlf & k, 2
next

Five lines show progress bar. Ugly. But anyone of you can try nice looking
way. Not me who needn't the progress bar.

Quote:
> Hi

> To get an idea, go to Jim Warringtons (fun to read) Web site:

> http://home.att.net/~wshvbs/index.htm#UsingIEforDialogs

> (or if you are comfortable using notoriously untrustworthy and unreliable
> third-party controls as Jim Warrington says it ;-)
> http://home.att.net/~wshvbs/index.htm#wshLtWtNonModalDlg

> You could also try do a newsgroup search. You can use
> http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search to search in a news
database
> having articles dated back to all the way to 1995.

> Fill in *scripting in the Newsgroup field to narrow down the search to the
> scripting groups only!

> Regards,
> Torgeir

> >     Is there a way to show progress in the execution of a script without
> > stopping or pausing the script as a msgbox would do? Something similar
to a
> > progress bar?

> > Thanks,
> > Jim

Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:59:53 GMT
 Progress Indicator?
Hi

Not completely correct. The link
http://home.att.net/~wshvbs/index.htm#UsingIEforDialogs uses build in IE
functionality.

Regards,
Torgeir

Quote:

> Jim Warrington's is fun to see but not fun to use. It's ocx. It uses
> msvbvm60.dll and not convinient for distributing.
> I have an idea of pure scripting.

> set sll=createobject("wscript.shell")
> for i = 1 to 3
>  k=k & "/"
>  sll.popup "going..." & vbcrlf & k, 2
> next

> Five lines show progress bar. Ugly. But anyone of you can try nice looking
> way. Not me who needn't the progress bar.

> > Hi

> > To get an idea, go to Jim Warringtons (fun to read) Web site:

> > http://home.att.net/~wshvbs/index.htm#UsingIEforDialogs

> > (or if you are comfortable using notoriously untrustworthy and unreliable
> > third-party controls as Jim Warrington says it ;-)
> > http://home.att.net/~wshvbs/index.htm#wshLtWtNonModalDlg

> > You could also try do a newsgroup search. You can use
> > http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search to search in a news
> database
> > having articles dated back to all the way to 1995.

> > Fill in *scripting in the Newsgroup field to narrow down the search to the
> > scripting groups only!

> > Regards,
> > Torgeir

> > >     Is there a way to show progress in the execution of a script without
> > > stopping or pausing the script as a msgbox would do? Something similar
> to a
> > > progress bar?

> > > Thanks,
> > > Jim

Thu, 12 Feb 2004 00:51:09 GMT
 Progress Indicator?
You are right. I am wrong. It uses fm20.dll.

Quote:
> Hi

> Not completely correct. The link
> http://home.att.net/~wshvbs/index.htm#UsingIEforDialogs uses build in IE
> functionality.

> Regards,
> Torgeir

> > Jim Warrington's is fun to see but not fun to use. It's ocx. It uses
> > msvbvm60.dll and not convinient for distributing.
> > I have an idea of pure scripting.

> > set sll=createobject("wscript.shell")
> > for i = 1 to 3
> >  k=k & "/"
> >  sll.popup "going..." & vbcrlf & k, 2
> > next

> > Five lines show progress bar. Ugly. But anyone of you can try nice
looking
> > way. Not me who needn't the progress bar.

> > > Hi

> > > To get an idea, go to Jim Warringtons (fun to read) Web site:

> > > http://home.att.net/~wshvbs/index.htm#UsingIEforDialogs

> > > (or if you are comfortable using notoriously untrustworthy and
unreliable
> > > third-party controls as Jim Warrington says it ;-)
> > > http://home.att.net/~wshvbs/index.htm#wshLtWtNonModalDlg

> > > You could also try do a newsgroup search. You can use
> > > http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search to search in a news
> > database
> > > having articles dated back to all the way to 1995.

> > > Fill in *scripting in the Newsgroup field to narrow down the search to
the
> > > scripting groups only!

> > > Regards,
> > > Torgeir

> > to a

Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:39:46 GMT
 Progress Indicator?
Unfortunately, to get the most value from my site, one has to be able to
read beyond the first paragraph on the page.

cheers, jw

Quote:
> You are right. I am wrong. It uses fm20.dll.

> > Hi

> > Not completely correct. The link
> > http://home.att.net/~wshvbs/index.htm#UsingIEforDialogs uses build in IE
> > functionality.

> > Regards,
> > Torgeir

> > > Jim Warrington's is fun to see but not fun to use. It's ocx. It uses
> > > msvbvm60.dll and not convinient for distributing.
> > > I have an idea of pure scripting.

> > > set sll=createobject("wscript.shell")
> > > for i = 1 to 3
> > >  k=k & "/"
> > >  sll.popup "going..." & vbcrlf & k, 2
> > > next

> > > Five lines show progress bar. Ugly. But anyone of you can try nice
> looking
> > > way. Not me who needn't the progress bar.

> unreliable

> > > database

> the

> without
> similar
> > > to a

Sat, 14 Feb 2004 04:00:20 GMT

1. Progress indicator

2. Processing or Progress Indicators - POLL

3. Progress indicator - HELP!!!

4. Progress indicator

5. Ann: Showing an Animated Icon/Cursor as a Progress Indicator...

6. Progress or something to let user know script is in progress (WSH, not HTML)

7. Server status indicator

8. Help:add a page number indicator in .ps file

9. Process Indicator

10. Status indicator

11. Progress on PostScript wind chime calculator

12. progress bar and folder selection