Reinstalling WSH 5.6 on Windows XP
Author Message
 Reinstalling WSH 5.6 on Windows XP

Hi,

When we install a scpecfic 3rd party software on a
Windows XP box, there are certain WSH5.6 DLLS that get
replaced with older versions (probably 5.1 or lower).

The vendor has recommmend to reinstall WSH, but the
problem is that the WSH 5.6 download doesn't install on
XP, which is located here:
http://www.*-*-*.com/
url=/downloads/sample.asp?url=/MSDN-
FILES/027/001/733/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true

The error message is: The software you are installing has
not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its
compatibility with Windows XP.

The question is: How do we reinstall WSH 5.6 on Windows
XP?

Will using the Program compatibility Wizard work? Or is
there another better way to reinstall WSH 5.6 on Windows
XP?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Eddie

Mon, 14 Feb 2005 00:54:29 GMT
 Reinstalling WSH 5.6 on Windows XP

Quote:

> Hi,

> When we install a scpecfic 3rd party software on a
> Windows XP box, there are certain WSH5.6 DLLS that get
> replaced with older versions (probably 5.1 or lower).

You should have a serious talk with your vendor, this is pretty "crazy"

Quote:
> The vendor has recommmend to reinstall WSH, but the
> problem is that the WSH 5.6 download doesn't install on
> XP, which is located here:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?
> url=/downloads/sample.asp?url=/MSDN-
> FILES/027/001/733/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true

> The error message is: The software you are installing has
> not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its
> compatibility with Windows XP.

> The question is: How do we reinstall WSH 5.6 on Windows
> XP?

> Will using the Program compatibility Wizard work? Or is
> there another better way to reinstall WSH 5.6 on Windows
> XP?

Try this to reinstall WSH on Windows XP:

Locate the file %windir%\inf\wsh.inf (inf is a hidden folder), right click,
select "Install".

Note that the reinstall is silent, and will not inform you when it is finished.
Anyway, it should be finished in just a few seconds. Do a reboot.

--
torgeir

Mon, 14 Feb 2005 01:30:23 GMT

1. Windows XP and Wsh 5.6

2. Reinstall Updated WSH 5.6 in WINXP

3. How to reinstall WSH in XP?

4. WSH 5.6 and Script Debugger on XP Pro problems

5. WSH version 5.6 on XP

6. WSH 5.6 on win XP?

7. WSH 5.6 and Windows 95

8. Availability of WSH 5.6 beta for Windows ME.

9. WSH 5.6 Beta on Windows Me

10. windows xp and jscript - I cannot Install scriptgen with windows XP

11. Install latest Script 5.6 on XP

12. XP Install 5.6 (revised) fails