Detect Dial-Up Networking Connection
Author Message
 Detect Dial-Up Networking Connection

How can I detect if the user is connected via an RRAS connection in a logon
script? I deploy certain things, such as unattended service pack updates for
example, via logon script. It's an evil thing trying to install a 100mb
service pack over an analog modem line. People get real mad a me when their
modem lights flicker like crazy and their effective speed over the modem
goes to nearly zero.

I would love anything that works...WMI, ADSI. The logon scripts are written
in VBScript.

Thanks,
Marty

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:33:21 GMT
 Detect Dial-Up Networking Connection

Quote:

> How can I detect if the user is connected via an RRAS connection in a logon
> script? I deploy certain things, such as unattended service pack updates for
> example, via logon script. It's an evil thing trying to install a 100mb
> service pack over an analog modem line. People get real mad a me when their
> modem lights flicker like crazy and their effective speed over the modem
> goes to nearly zero.

> I would love anything that works...WMI, ADSI. The logon scripts are written
> in VBScript.

Hi

Take a look at this thread:

Subject: How can you detect a slow link using a script?
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.wsh
Date: 2002-04-22 08:33:24 PST
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&th=a6071b...

--
torgeir

Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:00:27 GMT

1. Dial-up or NIC Network Connection

2. start a Dial-Up Network Connection

3. Initiating a Dial-Up Network connection

4. Dial-up networking connections

5. Detecting Dial up Connection

6. Detect Dialup Connection

7. How to detect and disconnect dialup connections.

8. script a network dial-up connection

9. Creating shortcuts to Dial-up Network Connections

10. Script to detect I have run Dial-Up networking

11. Detecting network connections when no longer available

12. Connecting to network shares when network is detected only - help please