Executing .vbs from asp
Author Message
 Executing .vbs from asp

Hello,
I am trying to call a .vbs or .wsf script from an asp page
to execute some code on the same web server that the ASP
and WSF/vbs script resides.

I have tried using the following code
<%
dim wsh
set wsh = createobject("WScript.Shell")
wsh.run ("c:\winnt\system32\cscript.exe magnus.vbs ")
%>

I can see the cscript.exe launching (through windows task
manager and file auditing) but the script doesnt execute.

I have check the syntax of the script and it works
perfectly through the command line on that web server, I
just cant get it to execute from the ASP page on that same
web server.

Thanks
Magnus

Wed, 17 Aug 2005 00:40:01 GMT
 Executing .vbs from asp
Multipost - see reply in microsoft.public.scripting.remote

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Technet Script Center
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.asp

Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:41:39 GMT

1. Execute vbs from ASP

2. Executing a .vbs script from an asp page

3. Executing a *.vbs script using wscript.shell on a *.asp page

4. Execute a Bat Utilizing VBS (not asp or wsh)

5. an error while executing .vbs

6. Executing other scripts in VBS

7. Executing an .EXE file with VBS

8. how to execute a batch file into a VBS file

9. execute windows application with vbs

10. VBS executed by MSI as a Custom Action

11. Execute .vbs file from html page

12. using w/cscript to execute only certain lines of a vbs