WScript is 'Undefined' error
Author Message
 WScript is 'Undefined' error

Hi Techies,

Can someone tell me why I get WScript is 'Undefined' when
I use it in an ASP? I've tried running the minimal script
below and I still get that error. Please Help!

I'm running 2000 Adv. Server and IIS 5 w/Window Scripting
Host v5.6

<%
   WScript.Sleep(1000);
%>

Thu, 20 May 2004 17:57:44 GMT
 WScript is 'Undefined' error
WScript is the intrinsic object created/exposed by wscript/cscript.exe as hosts for the scripting engines, not to be confused with the "WScript.whatever" progids...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Quote:

> Hi Techies,

> Can someone tell me why I get WScript is 'Undefined' when
> I use it in an ASP? I've tried running the minimal script
> below and I still get that error. Please Help!

> I'm running 2000 Adv. Server and IIS 5 w/Window Scripting
> Host v5.6

> <%
>    WScript.Sleep(1000);
> %>

Fri, 21 May 2004 04:21:14 GMT

1. 'undefined' runtime error in old IE3

2. Error-- Undefined Function 'LEFT' in express

3. Error: object required: 'WScript'

4. I am gettiing runtime error '800a01f4' variable undefined, please help

5. I am getting errors I can't pin down

6. Visual Interdev: 'thisPage' is undefined

7. Object required: '[undefined]'

8. showModalDialog returns 'undefined'

9. Runtime error ''800a01b6''

10. i need help with 'wscript.run'