Change resolution on-the-fly
Author Message
 Change resolution on-the-fly

Hi
I have many legacy software that run in a 640x480 window, and it seem very
little in my 1280x1024 desktop.
I need a script that:
1) Change my desktop to 640x480 (or 800x600...)
2) Run the software
3) When the software's window is closed, return the desktop to 1280x1024
Any idea? Thanks
--
Saludos
Javier Tapia

Sun, 31 Jul 2005 20:32:54 GMT
 Change resolution on-the-fly
You should look for multires. It will let you set the resolution from the
commandline, so it will also be possible to do it from a script.

Good luck,
Rob

Quote:
> Hi
> I have many legacy software that run in a 640x480 window, and it seem very
> little in my 1280x1024 desktop.
> I need a script that:
> 1) Change my desktop to 640x480 (or 800x600...)
> 2) Run the software
> 3) When the software's window is closed, return the desktop to 1280x1024
> Any idea? Thanks
> --
> Saludos
> Javier Tapia
> Santiago de Chile

Sun, 31 Jul 2005 23:39:38 GMT
 Change resolution on-the-fly

Quote:

> Hi
> I have many legacy software that run in a 640x480 window, and it seem very
> little in my 1280x1024 desktop.
> I need a script that:
> 1) Change my desktop to 640x480 (or 800x600...)
> 2) Run the software
> 3) When the software's window is closed, return the desktop to 1280x1024
> Any idea? Thanks

Hi

Take a look at MultiRes, a free screen resolutions utility that can be used from

the command line, a batch file, a shortcut or a script :-) If you put the batch
file ot the shortcut in the users Startup folder, everyone can have it's own
settings.

MultiRes has refresh rate and multi- monitor support, as well as optional timed
confirmation prompts. The little utility supports Windows 9x/Me/NT4, as well as
Windows 2000 and XP.

It's available at http://www.entechtaiwan.com/multires.htm  and can be used to
set screen resolution, color depth, and refresh rate. Normally it runs with an
icon in the notification area. But it's also possible to run it in non-resident
command mode in a batch file.

Example on a command line:

Set 800x600, 32-bit color, 85Hz refresh

d:\multires\multires.exe /800,600,32,85 /exit

Some other products (command line):

A freeware utility called Resolution Changer:
http://www.myitforum.com/inc/upload/1365Vidchng.zip

Here's the description:
"Video Resolution Changer v1.0 - Tony Pombo. This command-line utility changes
the display resolution of the current display device, using several command-line

options. vidchng /? for help."

Here is a third product:

Vidres
http://www.jddesign.freeserve.co.uk/vidres.htm

--
torgeir
Administration scripting examples and a ONLINE version of the 1328 page

Sun, 31 Jul 2005 23:41:34 GMT
 Change resolution on-the-fly
Thanks.
--
Saludos
Javier Tapia

:
[...]
: --
: torgeir
: Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway
: Administration scripting examples and a ONLINE version of the 1328 page
: Scripting Guide: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter
:
:

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 03:18:02 GMT
 Change resolution on-the-fly
Thanks
--
Saludos
Javier Tapia

: You should look for multires. It will let you set the resolution from the
: commandline, so it will also be possible to do it from a script.
:
: Good luck,
: Rob

: > Hi
: > I have many legacy software that run in a 640x480 window, and it seem
very
: > little in my 1280x1024 desktop.
: > I need a script that:
: > 1) Change my desktop to 640x480 (or 800x600...)
: > 2) Run the software
: > 3) When the software's window is closed, return the desktop to 1280x1024
: > Any idea? Thanks
: > --
: > Saludos
: > Javier Tapia
: > Santiago de Chile
: >
: >
:
:

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 03:17:51 GMT

1. Changing Resolution on the fly?

2. Resolution change on-the-fly?

3. Change image on the fly

4. Changing dropdown values on the fly

5. Changing IP/DNS/GATEWAY info on the fly in Win2k

6. How to change frame size on the fly ?

7. Changing IP/DNS/GATEWAY info on the fly in Win2k

8. Changing Word Data Source for Mail Merge on the fly

9. Changing IP/DNS/GATEWAY info on the fly in Win2k

10. Changing the target on-the-fly (IE6.0/Win2000)

11. How do I change Screen Resolutions?

12. Changing GS resolution...