scripting the find files and folders functionality 
Author Message
 scripting the find files and folders functionality

I would like to access the Start|Find Files ot Folders functionality from
jscript.
How do I do that?  I assume that the functionality is exposed in activeX
somewhere,
I just don't know where that is.  I would like to define my own interface to
searching
for stuff in specific directories and periods of time.

-Alex-



Fri, 07 May 2004 10:02:32 GMT  
 scripting the find files and folders functionality
[Please do not mail me a copy of your followup]



Quote:
>I would like to access the Start|Find Files ot Folders functionality from
>jscript.
>How do I do that?

Have you checked the documentation on shell objects accesible from
script?
--
Ask me about my upcoming book on Direct3D from Addison-Wesley!
  Direct3D Book http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/
    Don't Support Spammers!  Boycott Fractal Painter 7!
     http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/spammers.html


Fri, 07 May 2004 10:09:05 GMT  
 scripting the find files and folders functionality
Specifically:
 http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shel...

 - Mitch

Quote:

> [Please do not mail me a copy of your followup]



> >I would like to access the Start|Find Files ot Folders functionality from
> >jscript.
> >How do I do that?

> Have you checked the documentation on shell objects accesible from
> script?
> --
> Ask me about my upcoming book on Direct3D from Addison-Wesley!
>   Direct3D Book http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/
>     Don't Support Spammers!  Boycott Fractal Painter 7!
>      http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/spammers.html



Fri, 07 May 2004 10:11:27 GMT  
 scripting the find files and folders functionality
Ok.  I found the Shell.FindFiles function, but that appears only to open a
dialog box but
1. How do you access this function.  This syntax does not work:
    new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell").FindFiles()

2. I don't really want a dailog box.  I want to access the underlying
functionality.  Something like creating a search parameters object and
passing it to some function that does search and returns the results as a
list.  Alternatively, how do I fill out the fields of the dialog box and
start the search, so the user is only waiting for the results to be found
from the dialog box.

-Alex-


Quote:
> Specifically:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shel...
tform/shell/Shell_basics/ObjectMap.asp?frame=true
Quote:

>  - Mitch


> > [Please do not mail me a copy of your followup]



> > >I would like to access the Start|Find Files ot Folders functionality
from
> > >jscript.
> > >How do I do that?

> > Have you checked the documentation on shell objects accesible from
> > script?
> > --
> > Ask me about my upcoming book on Direct3D from Addison-Wesley!
> >   Direct3D Book http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/
> >     Don't Support Spammers!  Boycott Fractal Painter 7!
> >      http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/spammers.html



Fri, 07 May 2004 11:58:49 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Script to Find a File or Folder

2. create a folder or find default temp folder

3. Finding most recent file in a folder

4. Find all folders/subfolders and files

5. Find files in a folder and delete them if older then 2 dayx

6. Find and Replace in vbs files in folders

7. Finding Files in a Folder

8. Find and delete files in a folder older than 2 days

9. New functionality add to the Script Repository at win32 scripting

10. New functionality add to the Script Repository at win32 scripting

11. New functionality add to the Script Repository at win32 scripting

12. How to implement search functionality using only client side scripting

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software