wsh 5.6 beta 2 problems
Author Message
 wsh 5.6 beta 2 problems

How do I report problems with the Windows Scripting Host 5.6 beta to
Microsoft.  I can't find any links on the msdn site for reporting bugs.
Seems like this would make the beta process more useful :)

Sun, 02 Nov 2003 00:26:13 GMT
 wsh 5.6 beta 2 problems
This is a fine place to post any bug reports. I'm always lurking, and some
of the regulars might know about the issue already. You can also send any
bug reports directly to me - I don't always respond, but I always read my
mail.

Mike Whalen
Windows Script Dev

Quote:
> How do I report problems with the Windows Scripting Host 5.6 beta to
> Microsoft.  I can't find any links on the msdn site for reporting bugs.
> Seems like this would make the beta process more useful :)

Sun, 02 Nov 2003 02:27:26 GMT
 wsh 5.6 beta 2 problems
Hi,

"Mike Whalen (MS)" schrieb:

Quote:
> This is a fine place to post any bug reports.

OK, here is my Problem with the Regular Expressions Engine, coming with
VBScript 5.6
I'm using this DLL (Version 5.6.0.5901) in VB6.

The function Execute of the RegExp object returns a MatchCollection but
it's
declared as Object (Function Execute(sourceString As String) As Object)
so
that I don't have any intellisense functions in VB. The same with the
Item
function of the MatchCollection object. This should return a Match but
it's
also declared as Object. Also the Match-objects property SubMatches
contains a SubMatches-object but is declared as Object.

These aren't really bugs, but they can make programming very hard.

Chris

--
Christopher Kleinheitz Offenburg Germany
http://jahresarbeit.virtualave.net

Mon, 03 Nov 2003 23:37:34 GMT

1. WSH bug status (pre-WSH 5.6 beta)

2. WSH 5.6 beta 2

3. WSH 5.6 Beta - Shell.Exec

4. WSH 5.6 Beta for NT missing files?

5. WSH 5.6 beta 2

6. Possible WSH 5.6 beta update...

7. wsh 5.6 beta 2 bug - floppy access during exec

8. crash with WSH 5.6 beta 2 and IE 5.5

9. WSH 5.6 Beta 1, new method, WScript.Exec

10. WSH 5.6 beta 2

11. WSH 5.6 beta 1 - WshController and WshRemote example

12. Availability of WSH 5.6 beta for Windows ME.