FTP with WSH - is it possible?????
Author Message
 FTP with WSH - is it possible?????

Go to Clarence's site at http://www.*-*-*.com/ and search the
script repository for ftp (author name Jeff Mastry).  There is a wsc script
component that does ftp by driving the native ftp command and trapping the
command output.  It has a dependency on another wsc that Jeff wrote (don't
recall the name but it's stated in the ftp wsc's description).  All in all,
it's a pretty elegant solution that works on any Win9x or NT4+ box...

--
Michael Harris

| Hello to all:
|
| Has Anyone ever been able to FTP files using WSH???
| I tried using the Microsoft Internet Transfer control that
| comes with VB to no avail. Later I found in the knowledge
| base that you just can't use it in wsh.
|
| Any alternatives out there?????
|
| Thanks for any help

Sun, 02 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 FTP with WSH - is it possible?????
Hello to all:

Has Anyone ever been able to FTP files using WSH???
I tried using the Microsoft Internet Transfer control that
comes with VB to no avail. Later I found in the knowledge
base that you just can't use it in wsh.

Any alternatives out there?????

Thanks for any help

Sun, 02 Dec 2001 03:01:00 GMT
 FTP with WSH - is it possible?????
I have been pretty succesful FTPing  using wsh and the plain FTP client that
comes with Windows , I dynamically control the FTP by creating an FTP script
file in WSH , and  then using ASPexecute
in order to run the FTP client ( -s scriptfilename) here is an example

  Set a = fso.CreateTextFile("c:\Ntfp3\test.", True)    'Create Text File
  a.WriteLine("open 127.0.0.1")    'Name computer you want to FTP to
  a.WriteLine("username")
  a.WriteLine("password")
  a.WriteLine("lcd localdirectory" )
  a.Writeline("cd /logfiles/")
  a.WriteLine("get " & logfile )
  a.WriteLine("bye")
  a.Close
   filenamep =" -s: c:\Ntfp3\test."     'ftp using the above created file

   Set Executor = CreateObject("ASPExec.Execute")  'ASPExec File
    Executor.Application = "ftp"
    Executor.Parameters = filenamep
    strResult = Executor.ExecuteDosApp

I hope it helps ??

Quote:

>Hello to all:

>Has Anyone ever been able to FTP files using WSH???
>I tried using the Microsoft Internet Transfer control that
>comes with VB to no avail. Later I found in the knowledge
>base that you just can't use it in wsh.

>Any alternatives out there?????

>Thanks for any help

Mon, 03 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 FTP with WSH - is it possible?????

Hi,
This work also

Set WshShell = Wscript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
    Set objTimer = CreateObject ("TimeObject.Time")

    strCmd = "ftp  -s:m:\ftp.txt"
    WshShell.Run (strCmd), 0, True

' m:\ftp.txt is your command file.

Best Regards
PIERRE

Conversation: FTP with WSH - is it possible?????
Objet: Re: FTP with WSH - is it possible?????

I have been pretty succesful FTPing  using wsh and the plain FTP client
that
comes with Windows , I dynamically control the FTP by creating an FTP
script
file in WSH , and  then using ASPexecute
in order to run the FTP client ( -s scriptfilename) here is an example

  Set a = fso.CreateTextFile("c:\Ntfp3\test.", True)    'Create Text
File
  a.WriteLine("open 127.0.0.1")    'Name computer you want to FTP to
  a.WriteLine("username")
  a.WriteLine("password")
  a.WriteLine("lcd localdirectory" )
  a.Writeline("cd /logfiles/")
  a.WriteLine("get " & logfile )
  a.WriteLine("bye")
  a.Close
   filenamep =" -s: c:\Ntfp3\test."     'ftp using the above created
file

   Set Executor = CreateObject("ASPExec.Execute")  'ASPExec File
    Executor.Application = "ftp"
    Executor.Parameters = filenamep
    strResult = Executor.ExecuteDosApp

I hope it helps ??

Quote:

>Hello to all:

>Has Anyone ever been able to FTP files using WSH???
>I tried using the Microsoft Internet Transfer control that
>comes with VB to no avail. Later I found in the knowledge
>base that you just can't use it in wsh.

>Any alternatives out there?????

>Thanks for any help

Tue, 04 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. I want to send mail in WSH with JScript source...What am I doing wrong

2. WSH 5.6 argument definitions - am I missing something?

3. I want to send mail in WSH with JScript source...What am I doing wrong

4. ftp upload script via WSH

5. automating ftp file transfer with wsh

6. Using WSH to get a file from a FTP site in web

7. How Can I Create a FTP Site with WSH

8. FTP Uploads using WSH

9. doing ftp with wsh

10. FTP with WSH