I need more infos about WScript.CreateObject()
Author Message
 I need more infos about WScript.CreateObject()

This objects are - more or less - well documented:

   WScript.CreateObject(Shell.Application)

   WScript.CreateObject(WScript.Shell)
   WScript.CreateObject(WScript.Network)

   WScript.CreateObject(Scripting.FileSystemObject)

But when I analyzed the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT branch of my Win98 registry, I
discovered the following components:

Scripting.Dictionary
It seems to be some sort of an associative array.
Properties: Count, Items
Methods: Add, RemoveAll, ...

Word.Picture
Word.Basic
Office.Binder
Office.Binder.Template

Where can I find documentation about those objects? Are there sample scripts
showing how to use them?

What is the difference between the function CreateObject() and the method
WScript.CreateObject()?

May I install the object catalog as a standalone programm or is it only
available through the office applications?

Thank you for every piece of advice!

Thu, 11 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 I need more infos about WScript.CreateObject()
Scripting.Dictionary (and Scripting.FileSystemObject are part of the Scripting
Runtime Library (documented on the MSDN scripting site and in the VBScript and
JScript HTMLHelp files).

  Microsoft Scripting Technologies
  http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/

The others are supported by Office applications.  They are documented in the
Office help files and also on the MSDN Online Library's section on Office
Developer's Documentation.

  About Office Developer Documentation
  http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/officedev/offstrt/aboutoffice.htm

Michael Harris

| This objects are - more or less - well documented:
|
|    WScript.CreateObject(Shell.Application)
|
|    WScript.CreateObject(WScript.Shell)
|    WScript.CreateObject(WScript.Network)
|
|    WScript.CreateObject(Scripting.FileSystemObject)
|
| But when I analyzed the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT branch of my Win98 registry, I
| discovered the following components:
|
| Scripting.Dictionary
| It seems to be some sort of an associative array.
| Properties: Count, Items
| Methods: Add, RemoveAll, ...
|
| Word.Picture
| Word.Basic
| Office.Binder
| Office.Binder.Template
|
| Where can I find documentation about those objects? Are there sample scripts
| showing how to use them?
|
| What is the difference between the function CreateObject() and the method
| WScript.CreateObject()?
|
| May I install the object catalog as a standalone programm or is it only
| available through the office applications?
|
| Thank you for every piece of advice!

Thu, 11 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Diff between WScript.CreateObject & CreateObject

2. WScript.CreateObject vs CreateObject

3. Set WSHShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

4. Creating events with WScript.CreateObject

5. WScript.CreateObject question

6. WScript.CreateObject: Requirements for object?

7. WScript.CreateObject: requirements of object?

8. WScript.CreateObject

9. Wscript CreateObject Fails!

10. can't CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

11. Creating events with WScript.CreateObject

12. Use of strPrefix in Wscript.CreateObject ?