Help!!!
Author Message
 Help!!!

Hey folks!! I Need Help!!

I need an NT script that will check the availability of a service
(login to web site or data base w/ Usr/Pwd) then, depending on the result,
create or delete a file! I have no experience with command line scripting.
    There is a file called "index1.htm", this file represents the
availability of the service. If the login fails, the script must delete
index1.htm and it must create the file the next subsequent successful login.
    I know it stinks when a newbie hops on and fires "Help Me's!" but I am
stuck! Thanks!

Sun, 18 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Help!!!
I can't speak for everyone else, but I think the general the lack of response is probably due to...

-- A subject of "Help!" is considered poor form - everyone who posts needs help.  A relevant subject
helps people pick posts to read (not everyone reads every post).

-- Posting multiple copies of the same thing to many (and in some cases totally irrelevant NGs) is
very annoying to NG regulars (i.e., the one's who tend to provide the answers) when they have to
read it 6 or 7 time...

-- You never really ask a specific question, just outline in general, somewhat vague terms what you
need but no details of what you have actually tried...

-- Your post says "can someone do this for me" rather than "I'm having a problem with...".  In other
words, it smacks of "I haven't done my homework!"...

Start with the WSH 2.0 Tutorial and "...User's Guide" links.

The EXE links are downloads of the complete documentation sets in HTMLHelp format - highly
recommended for offline use.  The "...User's Guide" content is also included in the downloaded
documentation...

WSH 2.0 Tutorial
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/windowshost/doc/wsTutorialTOC.htm
WSH Documentation
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/windowshost/docs/reference/defaul...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/windowshost/wshdoc.exe

VBScript User's Guide
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/doc/vbstutor.htm
VBScript Documentation
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/techinfo/vbsdocs.htm
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/download/vbsdoc.exe

FileSystemObject User's Guide
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/doc/jsFSOTutor.htm
VBScript Run-Time Library Reference [FileSystemObject/Dictionary]
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/doc/VBSFSOTOC.htm

JScript User's Guide
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/jscript/doc/jsconJScriptUsersGuid...
JScript Documentation
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/jscript/techinfo/jsdocs.htm
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/jscript/download/jsdoc.exe

WSC Tutorial
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/scriptlets/doc/lettitle.htm
WSC Documentation
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/scriptlets/serverdocs.htm
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/scriptlets/wscdoc.exe

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup...

> Hey folks!! I Need Help!!

> I need an NT script that will check the availability of a service
> (login to web site or data base w/ Usr/Pwd) then, depending on the result,
> create or delete a file! I have no experience with command line scripting.
>     There is a file called "index1.htm", this file represents the
> availability of the service. If the login fails, the script must delete
> index1.htm and it must create the file the next subsequent successful login.
>     I know it stinks when a newbie hops on and fires "Help Me's!" but I am
> stuck! Thanks!

Sun, 18 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Help!!!
Quote:
>>I can't speak for everyone else, but I think the general the lack of

response is probably due to...

...and it came from the likely name of "John Doe"!
Mike G

Mon, 19 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Help!!!
Sorry Guys,
    I was extremely pressed for time and I was trying to tap as many
resources as possible. I really value these newsgroups, and especially the
people who take their time to share.I actually used to contribute quite a
bit of NT/IIS myself, but it's been a while. I fixed my Outlook Express to
include my real name and email addy (I hate using OE for news).
    Anyway, I've posted another version since this original and I've
included more info and some of what I've already tried with NT Shell
Scripting (included below). I know I should use like a Perl script to login
to a web site using HTTP. I just want to be sure the authentication is
successful, then, based on the result, (success: copy file, failure: delete
file). That is really all I am trying to accomplish.

:TOP

IF ERRORLEVEL 0 COPY INDEX1.HTML F:\TEST
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 DEL F:\TEST\INDEX1.HTML
SLEEP 1
KILL IEXPLORE.EXE
SLEEP 5
GOTO :TOP

...It's ugly, I know!

Quote:
> >>I can't speak for everyone else, but I think the general the lack of
> response is probably due to...

> ...and it came from the likely name of "John Doe"!
> Mike G

Mon, 19 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. help help help help help

2. Guru required - Help, Help, Help - ASP and SCRIPT

3. Help Help Help...thanks

4. PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP

5. Help Help Help with Subst and Scheduler

6. HELP HELP HELP ACCESS 97

7. Someone Please Help Me - I Help You in Any Software Queries/Programming/Coding

8. HELP uncheck the radio button!!, HELP!

9. help help document.body.height ^^????!!!

10. HELP: Need help with drop down menu's

11. Help Help needed Opening Outlook Contacts(public) in VB5

12. Need help - Help please!