Need suggestions on text editors which can syntax highlight HTAs _and_ embedded scripts
Author Message
 Need suggestions on text editors which can syntax highlight HTAs _and_ embedded scripts

I've been using Textpad for most of my raw editing since it is so
configurable.  The one limiannoyance I have at present is that I am finding
the script segments of my HTAs to be most of the content and 90% of the work
in development.  Does anyone have suggestions on text editors which can be
readily configured to do in-place syntax coloring, etc within HTAs?

Sun, 02 May 2004 03:48:07 GMT
 Need suggestions on text editors which can syntax highlight HTAs _and_ embedded scripts
I use and quite like :
go.to/textplorer

also shows hidden chars etc, hex insertions etc, etc

Quote:
> I've been using Textpad for most of my raw editing since it is so
> configurable.  The one limiannoyance I have at present is that I am
finding
> the script segments of my HTAs to be most of the content and 90% of the
work
> in development.  Does anyone have suggestions on text editors which can be
> readily configured to do in-place syntax coloring, etc within HTAs?

Sun, 02 May 2004 08:30:29 GMT
 Need suggestions on text editors which can syntax highlight HTAs _and_ embedded scripts
You could try VIM, it supports text colouring for several hundred languages.

Quote:
> I've been using Textpad for most of my raw editing since it is so
> configurable.  The one limiannoyance I have at present is that I am
finding
> the script segments of my HTAs to be most of the content and 90% of the
work
> in development.  Does anyone have suggestions on text editors which can be
> readily configured to do in-place syntax coloring, etc within HTAs?

Sun, 02 May 2004 09:07:21 GMT
 Need suggestions on text editors which can syntax highlight HTAs _and_ embedded scripts

PrimalSCRIPT... Can't be beat.

Clarence

Win32Scripting....
No, not that other one..... THE ORIGINAL...
http://cwashington.netreach.net

On THIS site you will find everything you need to get up and running. A script repository with over 500 FREE sample scripts, a downloads section with FREE COM objects for scripting, a library of reference materials and an online discussion lounge to provide community based technical support. Check it out.

Quote:
> I've been using Textpad for most of my raw editing since it is so
> configurable.  The one limiannoyance I have at present is that I am finding
> the script segments of my HTAs to be most of the content and 90% of the work
> in development.  Does anyone have suggestions on text editors which can be
> readily configured to do in-place syntax coloring, etc within HTAs?

Sun, 02 May 2004 09:19:12 GMT
 Need suggestions on text editors which can syntax highlight HTAs _and_ embedded scripts
Hey Clarence, why does your site suggest going to your anonymous FTP server
and it doesn't accept anonymous logon?

--
George Hester
_______________________

PrimalSCRIPT... Can't be beat.

Clarence

Win32Scripting....
No, not that other one..... THE ORIGINAL...
http://cwashington.netreach.net

On THIS site you will find everything you need to get up and running. A
script repository with over 500 FREE sample scripts, a downloads section
with FREE COM objects for scripting, a library of reference materials and an
online discussion lounge to provide community based technical support. Check
it out.

Quote:
> I've been using Textpad for most of my raw editing since it is so
> configurable.  The one limiannoyance I have at present is that I am
finding
> the script segments of my HTAs to be most of the content and 90% of the
work
> in development.  Does anyone have suggestions on text editors which can be
> readily configured to do in-place syntax coloring, etc within HTAs?

Sun, 02 May 2004 11:57:29 GMT
 Need suggestions on text editors which can syntax highlight HTAs _and_ embedded scripts
   I also wonder about the new Win32Scripting site design. I appreciate your
site and don't want to be overly critical, but I haven't yet seen the new
version. Nothing will load beyond the homepage with script disabled....and
I'm not about to enable it. Even the links are scripted. It's hard to see
why that might be necessary.

PrimalSCRIPT... Can't be beat.

Clarence

Win32Scripting....
No, not that other one..... THE ORIGINAL...
http://cwashington.netreach.net

On THIS site you will find everything you need to get up and running. A
script repository with over 500 FREE sample scripts, a downloads section
with FREE COM objects for scripting, a library of reference materials and an
online discussion lounge to provide community based technical support. Check
it out.

Quote:
> I've been using Textpad for most of my raw editing since it is so
> configurable.  The one limiannoyance I have at present is that I am
finding
> the script segments of my HTAs to be most of the content and 90% of the
work
> in development.  Does anyone have suggestions on text editors which can be
> readily configured to do in-place syntax coloring, etc within HTAs?

Sun, 02 May 2004 22:51:30 GMT
 Need suggestions on text editors which can syntax highlight HTAs _and_ embedded scripts

I guess this is something that needs to be fixed...

Clarence

Win32Scripting...
Not that one by Duke Publishing. The ORIGINAL!
Over 500 scripts and over 50 COM objects to download and use FREE of charge.
Also check out the public online forum and chat rooms for community based
technical support.
.

http://cwashington.netreach.net

Quote:

> Hey Clarence, why does your site suggest going to your anonymous FTP server
> and it doesn't accept anonymous logon?

> --
> George Hester
> _______________________

> PrimalSCRIPT... Can't be beat.

> Clarence

> Win32Scripting....
> No, not that other one..... THE ORIGINAL...
> http://cwashington.netreach.net

> On THIS site you will find everything you need to get up and running. A
> script repository with over 500 FREE sample scripts, a downloads section
> with FREE COM objects for scripting, a library of reference materials and an
> online discussion lounge to provide community based technical support. Check
> it out.

> > I've been using Textpad for most of my raw editing since it is so
> > configurable.  The one limiannoyance I have at present is that I am
> finding
> > the script segments of my HTAs to be most of the content and 90% of the
> work
> > in development.  Does anyone have suggestions on text editors which can be
> > readily configured to do in-place syntax coloring, etc within HTAs?

Mon, 03 May 2004 00:40:51 GMT
 Need suggestions on text editors which can syntax highlight HTAs _and_ embedded scripts

I don't know what you mean by the links being scripted, the only links that I have scripted are in the online discussion lounge. Something else appears to be going on... On disabling script, most sites now use some client side scripting.... disabling script seems a bit harsh... But oh well, your loss......

Clarence

--
Win32Scripting...
Not that one by Duke Publishing. The ORIGINAL!
Over 500 scripts and over 50 COM objects to download and use FREE of charge.
Also check out the public online forum and chat rooms for community based
technical support.

http://cwashington.netreach.net

Quote:

>    I also wonder about the new Win32Scripting site design. I appreciate your
> site and don't want to be overly critical, but I haven't yet seen the new
> version. Nothing will load beyond the homepage with script disabled....and
> I'm not about to enable it. Even the links are scripted. It's hard to see
> why that might be necessary.

> --
> --

> PrimalSCRIPT... Can't be beat.

> Clarence

> Win32Scripting....
> No, not that other one..... THE ORIGINAL...
> http://cwashington.netreach.net

> On THIS site you will find everything you need to get up and running. A
> script repository with over 500 FREE sample scripts, a downloads section
> with FREE COM objects for scripting, a library of reference materials and an
> online discussion lounge to provide community based technical support. Check
> it out.

> > I've been using Textpad for most of my raw editing since it is so
> > configurable.  The one limiannoyance I have at present is that I am
> finding
> > the script segments of my HTAs to be most of the content and 90% of the
> work
> > in development.  Does anyone have suggestions on text editors which can be
> > readily configured to do in-place syntax coloring, etc within HTAs?

Mon, 03 May 2004 00:47:05 GMT
 Need suggestions on text editors which can syntax highlight HTAs _and_ embedded scripts
Another rule of thumb for life:

Want to start a conversation with a coder?  Ask what text editor they
prefer...;)

The last posts don't count, though, since the thread got hijacked with
Clarence in it...

TEXT EDITOR COMMENTS

+Will check go.to/textplorer

+Yesterday I found HTML-Kit, which does what I need also

+VIM sounds interesting, particularly if there are premade components
available.  I always used vi back in college, so I have a weakness for its
clones.

+Primalscript: I hate shelling out cash for minor specialty tools, but
having tried Primalscript I have to admit that as soon as I can get an
employer to cover it, that is the tool on the top of my list.  Their pricing
puts them in the "limited user base" category, but then so does Mercedes in
the US...

CLARENCE'S SITE AND SCRIPTING

I didn't read that part in detail - but why not just add
cwashington.netreach.net to your trusted sites?  That's what the category is
for.

After all, if you don't trust his scripts....you probably shouldn't be
downloading them from his site anyway.. ;) Just my $0.02...

Mon, 03 May 2004 02:47:14 GMT
 Need suggestions on text editors which can syntax highlight HTAs _and_ embedded scripts
HTML-Kit is looking VERY good after a few days of use.  It's a little
feature-rich in some ways, but has nice "pluggability".

Here's the link:
http://www.chami.com/html-kit/

Quote:
> Another rule of thumb for life:

> Want to start a conversation with a coder?  Ask what text editor they
> prefer...;)

> The last posts don't count, though, since the thread got hijacked with
> Clarence in it...

> TEXT EDITOR COMMENTS

> +Will check go.to/textplorer

> +Yesterday I found HTML-Kit, which does what I need also

> +VIM sounds interesting, particularly if there are premade components
> available.  I always used vi back in college, so I have a weakness for its
> clones.

> +Primalscript: I hate shelling out cash for minor specialty tools, but
> having tried Primalscript I have to admit that as soon as I can get an
> employer to cover it, that is the tool on the top of my list.  Their
pricing
> puts them in the "limited user base" category, but then so does Mercedes
in
> the US...

> CLARENCE'S SITE AND SCRIPTING

> I didn't read that part in detail - but why not just add
> cwashington.netreach.net to your trusted sites?  That's what the category
is
> for.

> After all, if you don't trust his scripts....you probably shouldn't be
> downloading them from his site anyway.. ;) Just my $0.02...

Sat, 08 May 2004 02:37:29 GMT

1. Select highlighted text from TEXTAREA or TEXT input

2. Need help locating and executing embedded PostScript commands from output text

3. How to print C programs with some syntax highlighting

4. Syntax highlighted vbscript on a web page

5. PostScript syntax highlighting for NEdit v5.0.2

6. v0.2 PostScript syntax highlighting for NEdit v5.0.2

7. ASP vbscript - embedded quotes syntax question

8. Highlight Text OnMouseOver

9. How to stop highlighting of text in extbox

10. Capturing highlighted text from a textarea

11. highlighted text challenge

12. Highlighting client side text box