WSH & ADO DB access..
Author Message
 WSH & ADO DB access..

I'm trying to access an MS ACCESS DB via ADO using WSH.  I've ported my ASP
code thinking that it would work, however I can't get it to work at all.
The script bombs on the connection string.  Does anybody have a snippet of
code for creating an ado connection and inserting a record using WSH?
Thanks.

Fri, 09 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 WSH & ADO DB access..
As per previous post... (are you having a race to see who can get it going
first?)
ConnectionString="DSN=WSH;UID=gzInetAdmin;APP=WSH;WSID=BatchPC;DATABASE=WSH;
UseProcForPrepare=0"
Set Conn = WScript.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Conn.Open ConnectionString,"gzInetAdmin","password"
set rsLookup = Wscript.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

SQLText="SELECT * From Subject"
rsLookUp.open SQLText, Conn,0,1
Do Until RSLookup.EOF
WshShell.popup rsLookup("SubjectName")
RSLookup.MoveNext
Loop
Regards,
Ian Morrish
http://wsh.glazier.co.nz WSHFAQ
http://ils.glazier.co.nz (NetMeeting)
http://www.glazier.co.nz

Quote:

>I'm trying to access an MS ACCESS DB via ADO using WSH.  I've ported my ASP
>code thinking that it would work, however I can't get it to work at all.
>The script bombs on the connection string.  Does anybody have a snippet of
>code for creating an ado connection and inserting a record using WSH?
>Thanks.

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Connect to Secure Access DB with ADO

2. delete a record from an access db using ADO

3. Access DB Query & Dates in ASP

4. How can I read a Access-DB with WSH

5. wsh - access-db

6. ADO & Access 2000

7. HOWTO: Download Access DB With OCX That Manages That DB

8. HOWTO: Download Access DB With OCX That Manages That DB

9. ADO for SQL - ADO for Access ?

10. Looking for an ActiveX Control to access a local Access db

11. HELP on accessing Access DB in VB scripts !!

12. Can VBScript under WinScriptHost connect to Access db without Access being installed on the workstation