new to WSH, cscript, Error 0x1AD occurred in creating a locator object.
Author Message
 new to WSH, cscript, Error 0x1AD occurred in creating a locator object.

Hi,

NT4 WStation, installed WSH 5.6 for NT 4
rebooted box

Attempted to use cscript

C:\>cscript c:\ntreskit\listfreespace.vbs

error is:

Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6  (downloaded
NT 4 compatible version)
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights
reserved.

Error 0x1AD occurred in creating a locator object.
Error description: ActiveX component can't create object.

Please check the server name, credentials and WBEM Core.

Any corrections or examples you could point me too?

Wed, 15 Dec 2004 02:36:47 GMT
 new to WSH, cscript, Error 0x1AD occurred in creating a locator object.

Quote:

> Hi,

> NT4 WStation, installed WSH 5.6 for NT 4
> rebooted box

> Attempted to use cscript

> C:\>cscript c:\ntreskit\listfreespace.vbs

> error is:

> Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6  (downloaded
> NT 4 compatible version)
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights
> reserved.

> Error 0x1AD occurred in creating a locator object.
> Error description: ActiveX component can't create object.

> Please check the server name, credentials and WBEM Core.

> Any corrections or examples you could point me too?

You need to install WMI on NT4 and Win9x.  It comes with the OS for WinME/2000/XP and higher.

WMI CORE 1.5
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Wed, 15 Dec 2004 03:58:09 GMT

1. No error reported and memory leak if error occurs in Class_Terminate

2. WSH (CSCRIPT.EXE) sets ERRORLEVEL to ZERO for un-trapped errors

3. Error 424 (Object required) when creating an object - ???

4. Use WSH to create New Domain User?

5. Creating new Object in JScript (IE 4.0)

6. Creating new HTC objects via JavaScript

7. IIS cuts off the OLE DB provider when Database error occurs

8. error 80020009 "exception occurred"

9. 'exception occurred' error

10. Keep form-data if an error occurs

11. VBScript Run-time Error 507 - An exception occurred

12. Error that only occurs for non-admins/power users in W2K