Scripting IE, Access, and Outlook
Author Message
 Scripting IE, Access, and Outlook

Where can I find the objects for IE, Access, and Outlook?  For instance,
"obj(IE?).ActivePage.Close()" etc? or "app(IE?).ActivePage.Close()" etc.?
I'm building a monster application testing script and need as many object
listings for as many applications as possible...Is there a website or readme
I should know about?

Help a newbie out!  =)

C.J. Morton

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:02:41 GMT
 Scripting IE, Access, and Outlook
You have to look up the info in the docs for each product since there is no
standard for COM models.

Access and Outlook are the VBA models which are documented on the MS Office CD.
IE's docs are part of a huge download from the SDK website.  Here's a link:

http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate

You want to download the documentation section of the Internet Development SDK.

Quote:
> Where can I find the objects for IE, Access, and Outlook?  For instance,
> "obj(IE?).ActivePage.Close()" etc? or "app(IE?).ActivePage.Close()" etc.?
> I'm building a monster application testing script and need as many object
> listings for as many applications as possible...Is there a website or readme
> I should know about?

> Help a newbie out!  =)

> C.J. Morton

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:10:51 GMT
 Scripting IE, Access, and Outlook
Alex,
Thanks for the quick response...however, I'm looking at the MS OFF2K CD 1
and i'm not seeing the docs...any ideas?

CJ Morton

Quote:
> You have to look up the info in the docs for each product since there is
no
> standard for COM models.

> Access and Outlook are the VBA models which are documented on the MS
Office CD.
> IE's docs are part of a huge download from the SDK website.  Here's a
link:

> http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate

> You want to download the documentation section of the Internet Development
SDK.

> > Where can I find the objects for IE, Access, and Outlook?  For instance,
> > "obj(IE?).ActivePage.Close()" etc? or "app(IE?).ActivePage.Close()"
etc.?
> > I'm building a monster application testing script and need as many
object
> > listings for as many applications as possible...Is there a website or
readme
> > I should know about?

> > Help a newbie out!  =)

> > C.J. Morton

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:44:21 GMT
 Scripting IE, Access, and Outlook
Actually if you open word or excel then navigate to  Tools > Macro > Visual
Basic Editor and then hit F1 you will get pretty extensive help on VBA

--
Gurgen Alaverdian
http://www.gurgensvbstuff.com

Quote:
> Alex,
> Thanks for the quick response...however, I'm looking at the MS OFF2K CD 1
> and i'm not seeing the docs...any ideas?

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:48:24 GMT
 Scripting IE, Access, and Outlook
He might not have installed the help files for VBA, though...

Make sure you have the VBA Help installed (rerun setup) and you should find a
bunch of CHM and HLP files then in a location like:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\1033

In your case - since you have Office 9 and you are in the US, it would likely be

Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office9\1033

General rule is I think:

Program Files\Microsoft Office\<Office-Ver-Name>\<LocaleID>

Quote:
> Actually if you open word or excel then navigate to  Tools > Macro > Visual
> Basic Editor and then hit F1 you will get pretty extensive help on VBA

> --
> Gurgen Alaverdian
> http://www.gurgensvbstuff.com

> > Alex,
> > Thanks for the quick response...however, I'm looking at the MS OFF2K CD 1
> > and i'm not seeing the docs...any ideas?

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:16:23 GMT
 Scripting IE, Access, and Outlook
I'll look in all of those respective places.  Thanks everyone for hooking a
brother up!

CJ Morton

Quote:
> Where can I find the objects for IE, Access, and Outlook?  For instance,
> "obj(IE?).ActivePage.Close()" etc? or "app(IE?).ActivePage.Close()" etc.?
> I'm building a monster application testing script and need as many object
> listings for as many applications as possible...Is there a website or
readme
> I should know about?

> Help a newbie out!  =)

> C.J. Morton

Tue, 28 Sep 2004 03:34:16 GMT

1. Access Outlook UserProperties in an Exchange Event script?

2. Q: Script exports from Outlook to Access ?

3. How to access OutLook Public Folder when running script

4. Getting access to Outlook webb access with vbscript

5. Accessing Script Properties/Methods in an IE instance?

6. Script Outlook and Outlook Express

7. How to config outlook and outlook express by writing scripting

8. Interprocess Communication: IE and Outlook

9. IE 5.5 and Outlook 98 Communication?

10. ie 4, outlook as calendar, passing appointments

11. Trouble activating Outlook from IE

12. Opening Outlook as OLE in IE