WinNT 4.0 - Error registering the OCX C:\WINNT\System32\wshom.ocx
Author Message
 WinNT 4.0 - Error registering the OCX C:\WINNT\System32\wshom.ocx

I've got two separate NT 4.0 SP6 boxes with IE 5.5.  When I attempt to
install WSH using scr55en.exe I get the above mentioned error.  I can't
figure it out.

Any clues?

-jeff fra{*filter*}
MIC, Inc.

Wed, 05 Nov 2003 04:06:35 GMT
 WinNT 4.0 - Error registering the OCX C:\WINNT\System32\wshom.ocx
Are you running the install logged on as an admin, including the first logon *after* the reboot?

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> I've got two separate NT 4.0 SP6 boxes with IE 5.5.  When I attempt to
> install WSH using scr55en.exe I get the above mentioned error.  I can't
> figure it out.

> Any clues?

> -jeff fra{*filter*}
> MIC, Inc.

Wed, 05 Nov 2003 08:46:38 GMT
 WinNT 4.0 - Error registering the OCX C:\WINNT\System32\wshom.ocx
Yes...I am logged in as an admin.  Just for grins, I installed the Win2K
version, scripten.exe on the NT box and it worked...  I'm sure I wasn't
supposed to do that but it seems to be working....

-jef

Quote:
> Are you running the install logged on as an admin, including the first

logon *after* the reboot?
Quote:

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> --

> Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup instead.
> --

Quote:
> > I've got two separate NT 4.0 SP6 boxes with IE 5.5.  When I attempt to
> > install WSH using scr55en.exe I get the above mentioned error.  I can't
> > figure it out.

> > Any clues?

> > -jeff fra{*filter*}
> > MIC, Inc.

Thu, 06 Nov 2003 02:05:37 GMT

1. Error installing scr55en - failure to register wshom.ocx

2. Error 0x80040201 When registering WSHOM.OCX

3. Error registering wshom.ocx

4. Error Registering wshom.ocx on NT

5. Error installing scr55en - failure to register wshom.ocx

6. Error during 5.6 setup - WSHOM.OCX

7. Error during 5.6 setup - WSHOM.OCX

8. copy files to c:\winnt\system32

9. CreateObject always starts in WINNT\system32?

10. : C:\WINNT\System32\scrrun.dll deleted !

11. Install WSH - Error Registering OCX dispex.dll

12. Install problem -- error registering OCX