detect daylight saving time
Author Message
 detect daylight saving time

Hi:
Could I detect any way that daylight saving time started and ended?
So that I can do correction accordingly in program activity.

Thanks for reply.

Shailesh

Fri, 23 Sep 2005 22:00:46 GMT
 detect daylight saving time

Quote:

> Hi:
> Could I detect any way that daylight saving time started and ended?
> So that I can do correction accordingly in program activity.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
\SYSTEM
\CurrentControlSet
\Control
\TimeZoneInformation

If the named DWORD values Bias and ActiveTimeBias are unequal, daylight
savings is in effect...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Technet Script Center
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.asp

Sat, 24 Sep 2005 07:19:25 GMT

1. time zones and daylight saving time

2. Daylight Saving Time

3. Daylight Saving Problem

4. Daylight Savings

5. Issues to do with Oz Daylight savings and login scripts

6. How to tell if windows is in daylight savings

7. Issues to do with Oz Daylight savings and login scripts

8. Hell of a Time - Detect Plugins, Close Parent Window, Detect 128 bit Encryption Browser, create Shortcut

9. Detect first time a page loads

10. detecting run-time errors

11. detect a time out for wshell.run

12. Time zone offset and day light saving.