Adding computer to global group in AD
Author Message
 Adding computer to global group in AD

Hi,

I know there has been a question about that matter earlier in thsi group,
but then it got diverted into enumerating of computers in a specific group,
the initial question still open, I guess.

Therefore I reanimate it again:
how can I add a computer to a global group in AD?

Can anyone lend me a scripting hand? Thanks a lot!

Rolf

Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:58:03 GMT
 Adding computer to global group in AD
Here's an example using the LDAP interface.  You can also use the WINNT
interface.  This could be written sexier - it's just a rudimentary example.

Joe

Option Explicit

Dim domain: domain = "DC=Domain,DC=Com"

Dim grp,server

Set grp = GetObject("LDAP://CN=GlobalGroup,CN=Users,"&domain)

Set server = GetObject("LDAP://CN=Server,CN=Computers,"&domain)

grp.add(server.adspath)

grp.setinfo

Quote:
> Hi,

> I know there has been a question about that matter earlier in thsi group,
> but then it got diverted into enumerating of computers in a specific
group,
> the initial question still open, I guess.

> Therefore I reanimate it again:
> how can I add a computer to a global group in AD?

> Can anyone lend me a scripting hand? Thanks a lot!

> Rolf

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 04:55:30 GMT

1. Adding a computer account to an AD group

2. VB script: adding AD group to local administrators group

3. Adding a Domain Global group to a machine local group in Windows 2000

4. Add Global group to Local Group

5. How do I add a domain global-groups in a member-server local group

6. Create local and global-Group in AD

7. pre-adding computer objects to AD

8. Script to add computer to AD domain

9. Add and remove AD user to and from local group

10. Find user in AD and add them to group

11. Adding Users a group in AD

12. Find user in AD and add them to group