Start/Stop a NT Service using wsh/adsi
Author Message
 Start/Stop a NT Service using wsh/adsi

Hello,

I'd like to use a wsh script in VBScript to start/stop a NT Service by using
ADSI.
Anyone can help?
Thanks

Sat, 21 Feb 2004 03:01:02 GMT
 Start/Stop a NT Service using wsh/adsi
<crossposts trimmed>

http://cwashington.netreach.net/script_repository/faqs.asp?topic=wmifaq
http://cwashington.netreach.net/script_repository/faqs.asp?topic=adsifaq

has examples of doing this using either ADSI or WMI...

--

Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Hello,

> I'd like to use a wsh script in VBScript to start/stop a NT Service by using
> ADSI.
> Anyone can help?
> Thanks

Sat, 21 Feb 2004 03:55:26 GMT
 Start/Stop a NT Service using wsh/adsi
Hi

Take a look here:
http://cwashington.netreach.net/script_repository/faqs.asp?topic=adsifaq

Regards,
Torgeir

Quote:

> Hello,

> I'd like to use a wsh script in VBScript to start/stop a NT Service by using
> ADSI.
> Anyone can help?
> Thanks

Sat, 21 Feb 2004 04:10:22 GMT
 Start/Stop a NT Service using wsh/adsi
Please reference the article Managing Services Using ADSI and Windows
Script Host at
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q234/0/01.ASP for what you
want.

Besides, WMI can also be used to do such job.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/code/topic.asp?U...
N-FILES/028/000/015/topic.xml has some sample .vbs address exactly what you
need.

Hope this helps,

Robin

Sat, 21 Feb 2004 11:47:54 GMT

1. Start/Stop a NT Service using wsh/adsi

2. Start/Stop a NT Service using wsh/adsi

3. Starting and Stopping NT Services with ADSI,wsh, and VBScript

4. Starting and Stopping NT Services from WSH/VBS

5. Using WSH to stop and start WinNT Services

6. Stop and Start Services using WSH

7. How to start/stop a NT service

8. Stop and Starting Services on NT

9. Starting and stopping NT services