Accessing Win32 API
Author Message
 Accessing Win32 API

How do I make a WIN32 API call from within wsh?  Preferably using Jscript,
but a vbs answer would also be welcome.

Thanks...

--
Dennis B. Meilicke
Penta Technologies, Inc.

Views expressed are mine, and do not necessarily
represent those of Penta Technologies, Inc.

Sat, 19 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing Win32 API

Sorry, this is not possible within VBScript. You have to use or create a com object to do that. Which API call are you looking at? I may be able to point you to a ActiveX control or DLL that exist already.

Clarence
Check it out
http://cwashington.netreach.net

Win32 bit scripting. Everything you need to get up and running,
A script repository containing almost 100 sample scripts,
downloads, reference files, and technical support via an
online discussion forum.

(Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, 227, any and all
unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a download
and archival fee in the amount of $1000 US.  E-mailing denotes acceptance of
these terms.)

How do I make a WIN32 API call from within wsh?  Preferably using Jscript,
but a vbs answer would also be welcome.

Thanks...

--
Dennis B. Meilicke
Penta Technologies, Inc.
(414) 780-2423

Views expressed are mine, and do not necessarily
represent those of Penta Technologies, Inc.

Sat, 19 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing Win32 API
On Tue, 1 Dec 1998 08:31:56 -0600, "Dennis Meilicke"

Quote:

>How do I make a WIN32 API call from within wsh?  Preferably using Jscript,
>but a vbs answer would also be welcome.

>Thanks...

>--
>Dennis B. Meilicke
>Penta Technologies, Inc.
>(414) 780-2423

>Views expressed are mine, and do not necessarily
>represent those of Penta Technologies, Inc.

See Windows Developer Journal Nov 98 article 'An Automation Object for
Dynamic DLL calls' (which builds on an Aug 98 'A Dynacall Function for
Win32 article). Note the code will not work in Win95 unless you
change the following line from:
    if ((hDLL = LoadLibraryW(rgvarg[cArgs-1].bstrVal)) != NULL)
    if ((hDLL = LoadLibrary (W2A(rgvarg[cArgs-1].bstrVal))) != NULL)

Wed, 23 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Accessing Win32 API

2. how to use win32 api function in vbs file

3. Win32 API commands?

4. GS API dll and gcc for win32

5. Calling win32 API

6. Win32 API and VBScript

7. Can Win32 API calls be made from ASPs?

8. Problem passing strings between VBScript/VBAapp and Win32 API

9. Using Win32 API Functions

10. Win32 API usage in VBScript

11. win32 api?

12. Can Win32 API calls be made from ASPs?