File Copy Logon Script
Author Message
 File Copy Logon Script

I'm wondering if there is a way I can write a logon script that will cause
Win98 to copy a directory from the Win2K server to my local disk as I logon,
then copy it back as I log off from the network. Can anyone offer any
advice?

Thanks in advance.

pbg

Tue, 15 Apr 2003 01:22:16 GMT
 File Copy Logon Script
These two registry keys should help, ( I hope you are familiar with the
registry).
HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run
HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/RunEx
Have your logon script place values under those keys that perform the file
copy.
You can have your logon script use regedit.exe /i [filename.reg] to add the
entries or a wsh solution to add the entries.

Good luck
Jack

Quote:
> I'm wondering if there is a way I can write a logon script that will cause
> Win98 to copy a directory from the Win2K server to my local disk as I
logon,
> then copy it back as I log off from the network. Can anyone offer any
> advice?

> Thanks in advance.

> pbg

Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:55:17 GMT
 File Copy Logon Script
Run and RunEX or RunOnce and RunOnceEX?

/Al

Quote:
> These two registry keys should help, ( I hope you are familiar with the
> registry).
> HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run
> HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/RunEx
> Have your logon script place values under those keys that perform the file
> copy.
> You can have your logon script use regedit.exe /i [filename.reg] to add
the
> entries or a wsh solution to add the entries.

> Good luck
> Jack

> > I'm wondering if there is a way I can write a logon script that will
cause
> > Win98 to copy a directory from the Win2K server to my local disk as I
> logon,
> > then copy it back as I log off from the network. Can anyone offer any
> > advice?

> > Thanks in advance.

> > pbg

Thu, 17 Apr 2003 00:55:04 GMT
 File Copy Logon Script
Depends if you wish to perform the task every time you log on/off.  Creating
entries in the registry allows your logon script to be used for other
things.

Jacko

Quote:
> Run and RunEX or RunOnce and RunOnceEX?

> /Al

> > These two registry keys should help, ( I hope you are familiar with the
> > registry).
> > HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run
> > HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/RunEx
> > Have your logon script place values under those keys that perform the
file
> > copy.
> > You can have your logon script use regedit.exe /i [filename.reg] to add
> the
> > entries or a wsh solution to add the entries.

> > Good luck
> > Jack

> > > I'm wondering if there is a way I can write a logon script that will
> cause
> > > Win98 to copy a directory from the Win2K server to my local disk as I
> > logon,
> > > then copy it back as I log off from the network. Can anyone offer any
> > > advice?

> > > Thanks in advance.

> > > pbg

Thu, 17 Apr 2003 13:53:09 GMT
 File Copy Logon Script
I asked because, on my system I found no RunEX key in the registry. Also,
will those Run and RunEX commands fire only at the logically correct time
(i.e. network login, network logoff)? What if someone logged in to the
workstation locally? I guess that the actual code run would have to
determine the context before attempting to do the copy.

One other thing: a lot of our users "logoff" with the power button. Good
luck getting the directory copied back in that situation. Why not relocate
this directory to the user's profile so it is always there and only one
instance of it exists at any given instant?

/Al

Quote:
> Depends if you wish to perform the task every time you log on/off.
Creating
> entries in the registry allows your logon script to be used for other
> things.

> Jacko

> > Run and RunEX or RunOnce and RunOnceEX?

> > /Al

> > > These two registry keys should help, ( I hope you are familiar with
the
> > > registry).
> > > HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run
> > > HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/RunEx
> > > Have your logon script place values under those keys that perform the
> file
> > > copy.
> > > You can have your logon script use regedit.exe /i [filename.reg] to
add
> > the
> > > entries or a wsh solution to add the entries.

> > > Good luck
> > > Jack

> > cause
> > > logon,

Fri, 18 Apr 2003 02:34:41 GMT

1. Copying files to WinNT dir via logon script?

2. Copying files to WinNT dir via logon script?

3. Copy printerdrivers and adding printers with wsh2.0 logon script on win95 clients

4. logon.exe script.vbs in profile (logon script)

5. Running Scripting Host Files as Logon Script

6. Find a copy a file with File.Copy method

7. Copy multiple files and checking if all files are copied

8. How can I get logon server name and IP address from logon script using wsh

9. Win98, Logon script & finding logon server

10. Logon, attain share permission and copy

11. --- copying a PostSctipt file with the DOS COPY command

12. Copy a file in a folder and past the copy in another folder