NT Schedule (AT) Not kicking off my WSHs
Author Message
 NT Schedule (AT) Not kicking off my WSHs

If this is clearly documented in some FAQ please let me know.  It seems
like such a simple thing to not be working.

My NT schedule commands using AT or WINAT seem to be working fine.  But
my .vbs commands aren't working.   I can log in and type them and they
work fine from the run command.  For instance:

email.vbs

Should send a message, but doesn't.  I have a similiar command or batch
file, "email.cmd" which uses a third part SMTP mailer and it works!!
Do I need to structure my VBS files different?  Such as "cscript
email.vbs"? By the way, my email.vbs uses the CDONTS object. Again it
works fine when I type it.

I have all my vbs files in my "scripts" directory which is in the path.

Any suggestions or links would be appreciated.  One of my more
complicated scripts loads access and runs reports.  If I get my simple
scripts to work in the background (e.g. a simple regwrite test vbs)
will I have more problems with launching entire applications in the
background?

Many thanks for any suggestions!
David

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 28 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 NT Schedule (AT) Not kicking off my WSHs
Did you used the /interactive flag and the right user properties?

G. Born

--
____________________________
Check out the WSH Bazaar at:

Quote:
> If this is clearly documented in some FAQ please let me know.  It seems
> like such a simple thing to not be working.

> My NT schedule commands using AT or WINAT seem to be working fine.  But
> my .vbs commands aren't working.   I can log in and type them and they
> work fine from the run command.  For instance:

> email.vbs

> Should send a message, but doesn't.  I have a similiar command or batch
> file, "email.cmd" which uses a third part SMTP mailer and it works!!
> Do I need to structure my VBS files different?  Such as "cscript
> email.vbs"? By the way, my email.vbs uses the CDONTS object. Again it
> works fine when I type it.

> I have all my vbs files in my "scripts" directory which is in the path.

> Any suggestions or links would be appreciated.  One of my more
> complicated scripts loads access and runs reports.  If I get my simple
> scripts to work in the background (e.g. a simple regwrite test vbs)
> will I have more problems with launching entire applications in the
> background?

> Many thanks for any suggestions!
> David

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Tue, 28 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 NT Schedule (AT) Not kicking off my WSHs
That would be no to both.

I'm not using the interactive flag on any of my scripts because I want
them to run in the background.  Have I misunderstood the purpose of
this flag?

Also, I haven't specified the user as I thought the user associated
with the service would be the default.  Is this not the case?

Thanks,
David

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 31 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. kicking off a vbscript from a hyperlink

2. kicking off a vbscript from a hyperlink

3. Kick off script when file arrives?

4. kicking everyone off a share every night

5. 2nd Post - AT Jobs not starting WSHs

6. Problems when running Outlook Automation as NT schedule (AT)

7. How to let another NT user skip execution of scheduled tasks

8. Script to Log off Windows NT

9. Logging off windows 2000 or NT

10. Logging off Windows NT

11. Script Runs From CL, But Not As Scheduled Task

12. Development enviropment for creation of WSHs?