Installing WSH Manually
Author Message
 Installing WSH Manually

Our company have a standard way of rolling out application/utilities. I need
to document and create manually the necessary batch files/kixtart scripts
that is needed to install the program.

I am looking for some documentation of what wsh.exe actually does.
Using a Before/After utility, I was able to discern what files are copied
and to where; however, the Registry changes is a little bit complicated.
For example, there is a CSLID that is randomly created. Does that have to be
unique for every workstation?  WSH.EXE also prompts the user to reboot the
PC? Why is that?

Any assistance on this matter is highly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Ron San Jose
Sanford C. Bernstein, Inc

Tue, 06 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Detect if WSH is installed, and if not install it (from command line)

2. Detect if WSH is installed, and if not install it (from command line)

3. INF Install Failure when install WSH on WIN2000

4. BUG in WSH 5.6 install if Wscript.exe is running while updating WSH

5. after installing WSH on NT4, WSH won`t work

6. BUG in WSH 5.6 install if Wscript.exe is running while updating WSH

7. BUG in WSH 5.6 install if Wscript.exe is running while updating WSH

8. wsh install

9. Install WSH program from HTML page?

10. wsh install

11. Install Printer - Logon Script (WSH)

12. Running a command from IE4 w/out WSH installed