ScriptControl
Author Message
 ScriptControl

Hi, umm i have not been programming for long, but when i get in a project i
can't hardly even sleep, been up for 3 days straight now tryin to figure out
how to do somethin :).....nneeeeeddddd sleep .. anywayy

what i'm tryin to do is when someone opens my application, i want it to read
all the files in a dir lets say they are in app.path & "\*.nrc".. ok, but
these files have sub and function rutines in them, i have been tryin to get
the ScriptControl to actually load these files, and be able to call them,
from other functions that people add at run-time in a script editor. does
anyone have any suggestions on how to do this. i have tried to load the
files into an array, a variant, a string, and use run or execute or
anything, it seems that it just won't works. but i know there has to be a
way to do this.......

any help would be greatly appreciated... sorry if writting is a little bad,
like i said been up for three days now, can't sleep, everytime i try to
sleep, i think of somethin else to try, and i forget about goin back to bed
:(((...... well anyway.. Thanks in advance hehe

Andrew Ross

Sat, 31 May 2003 16:47:22 GMT
 ScriptControl
Take some time (after you get some sleep ;-) to read the documentation (the msscript.hlp WinHelp
file installed along with the script control)...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Hi, umm i have not been programming for long, but when i get in a project i
> can't hardly even sleep, been up for 3 days straight now tryin to figure out
> how to do somethin :).....nneeeeeddddd sleep .. anywayy

> what i'm tryin to do is when someone opens my application, i want it to read
> all the files in a dir lets say they are in app.path & "\*.nrc".. ok, but
> these files have sub and function rutines in them, i have been tryin to get
> the ScriptControl to actually load these files, and be able to call them,
> from other functions that people add at run-time in a script editor. does
> anyone have any suggestions on how to do this. i have tried to load the
> files into an array, a variant, a string, and use run or execute or
> anything, it seems that it just won't works. but i know there has to be a
> way to do this.......

> any help would be greatly appreciated... sorry if writting is a little bad,
> like i said been up for three days now, can't sleep, everytime i try to
> sleep, i think of somethin else to try, and i forget about goin back to bed
> :(((...... well anyway.. Thanks in advance hehe

> Andrew Ross

Sun, 01 Jun 2003 01:07:02 GMT
 ScriptControl
Andrew,

I assume you want to execute functions/code that is stored in textfiles. If
that's the case you might want to take a look at the Eval function.
Mona M. Everett has nice intro and examples here >>
http://www.txdirect.net/users/everett/MakingEvalWorkForYou.html

Success and lots of sleep :)

Kris De Decker

_______________

Jerboa software

Sites <> Applications <> Services

http://wasp.jerboa.be

msn: fritkotathotmail.com

mailto:krisatjerboa.be

Quote:
> Hi, umm i have not been programming for long, but when i get in a project
> can't hardly even sleep, been up for 3 days straight now tryin to figure
out
> how to do somethin :).....nneeeeeddddd sleep .. anywayy

> what i'm tryin to do is when someone opens my application, i want it to
read
> all the files in a dir lets say they are in app.path & "\*.nrc".. ok, but
> these files have sub and function rutines in them, i have been tryin to
get
> the ScriptControl to actually load these files, and be able to call them,
> from other functions that people add at run-time in a script editor. does
> anyone have any suggestions on how to do this. i have tried to load the
> files into an array, a variant, a string, and use run or execute or
> anything, it seems that it just won't works. but i know there has to be a
> way to do this.......

> any help would be greatly appreciated... sorry if writting is a little
bad,
> like i said been up for three days now, can't sleep, everytime i try to
> sleep, i think of somethin else to try, and i forget about goin back to
bed
> :(((...... well anyway.. Thanks in advance hehe

> Andrew Ross

Sun, 01 Jun 2003 01:39:08 GMT
 ScriptControl
I do like,
    and yeah i finially got some sleep, although i had to drink a little
hehe :)
    ok i do see what is goin on here and i thank you for that link..

Andrew Ross

Quote:
> Andrew,

> I assume you want to execute functions/code that is stored in textfiles.
If
> that's the case you might want to take a look at the Eval function.
> Mona M. Everett has nice intro and examples here >>
> http://www.txdirect.net/users/everett/MakingEvalWorkForYou.html

> Success and lots of sleep :)

> Kris De Decker

> _______________

> Jerboa software

> Sites <> Applications <> Services

> http://wasp.jerboa.be

> msn: fritkotathotmail.com

> mailto:krisatjerboa.be

> > Hi, umm i have not been programming for long, but when i get in a
project
> > can't hardly even sleep, been up for 3 days straight now tryin to figure
> out
> > how to do somethin :).....nneeeeeddddd sleep .. anywayy

> > what i'm tryin to do is when someone opens my application, i want it to
> read
> > all the files in a dir lets say they are in app.path & "\*.nrc".. ok,
but
> > these files have sub and function rutines in them, i have been tryin to
> get
> > the ScriptControl to actually load these files, and be able to call
them,
> > from other functions that people add at run-time in a script editor.
does
> > anyone have any suggestions on how to do this. i have tried to load the
> > files into an array, a variant, a string, and use run or execute or
> > anything, it seems that it just won't works. but i know there has to be
> > way to do this.......

> > any help would be greatly appreciated... sorry if writting is a little
> bad,
> > like i said been up for three days now, can't sleep, everytime i try to
> > sleep, i think of somethin else to try, and i forget about goin back to
> bed
> > :(((...... well anyway.. Thanks in advance hehe

> > Andrew Ross

Mon, 02 Jun 2003 04:03:51 GMT

1. examples of ScriptControl.State = Connected ?

2. ScriptControl and Library

3. ScriptControl

4. ScriptControl Eval(function VB, param, param) How pass parameter

5. ScriptControl question

6. Events in ScriptControl

7. Stopping VBScript run by the ScriptControl

8. Writing to Console (stdout) with VBScript from within the ScriptControl

9. ScriptControl deployment

10. ScriptControl - object refference BUG !?

11. How to add a TLB to a script using ScriptControl

12. Problem using ScriptControl from non-MFC C++ app