How do I find out about objects and methods an app supports?
Author Message
 How do I find out about objects and methods an app supports?

Hi everyone-

I'm an absolute beginner, so please bear with me. I downloaded
WSH, and it comes with a few examples how to drive Excel and
and a few system objects. What's the generic way to find out what
methods and objects are supported by a given application?
I have the VBScript and Jscript docs, but they don't mention any
particular app. Any help how to go about this would be very much
appreciated. Many thanks in advance,
Ulf

Tue, 03 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I find out about objects and methods an app supports?
Ulf

There are a few ways depending upon the tools you have...

You could use Visual Basic.  This is the easiest way I know.

You could also use Visual C++.  This is not too difficult.  If
you need help with this I can suggest a couple of approaches.

The final most generic way is to use oleview.  This is a really
useful tool.  You can find it on Microsoft's site I believe.  It comes
with Visual C++ also.

John.

Quote:
>Hi everyone-

>I'm an absolute beginner, so please bear with me. I downloaded
>WSH, and it comes with a few examples how to drive Excel and
>and a few system objects. What's the generic way to find out what
>methods and objects are supported by a given application?
>I have the VBscript and Jscript docs, but they don't mention any
>particular app. Any help how to go about this would be very much
>appreciated. Many thanks in advance,
>Ulf

Wed, 04 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I find out about objects and methods an app supports?

What you want is the Object Model for each application that supports OLE Automation.
This is the best site I have found for this is
http://www.inquiry.com/objects/index.html

For office application you probably want to buy a good book. Most VBA code can be converted to VBScript. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1572313404/windowsscriptinh

I have a section in my FAQ on COM Objects also.
http://wsh.glazier.co.nz
Regards,
Ian

Thu, 05 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Object doesn't support this property or method : 'DTSGlobalVariables(...).Value.Open

2. Object doesn't support this property or method

3. Object does not support this property or method

4. Does IE support javaEnable() method in nevigator object?

5. Object doesn't support this property/method??????

6. Object doesn't support this property or method

7. IE 5.0: Object doesn't support property or method

8. Object doesn't support this property or method

9. Object doesn't support this property or method

10. Error - Object does not support this property or method

11. Sample code: Object doesn't support this property or method

12. Object doesn't support this property or method