wsh.exe & ste50en.exe
Author Message
 wsh.exe & ste50en.exe

Quote:

> What is the difference?  Do I need to install WSH.exe first? or can I
> just install ste50en.exe?

If memory serves, the WSH install will include two scripting engines, VB
and Java script.  The ste50??.exe is the new VBScript 5 engine for WSH.
Assuming MS has updated the WSH install to include the version 5 engine,
it should be all you need.  (I'm sure someone will correct me soon, if
I've got that wrong.)

Tom Lavedas
-----------
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~tglbatch/

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 wsh.exe & ste50en.exe

The latest release (ste50en.exe) includes WSH so that's all you need.

Clarence

--
Check it out..

Http://cwashington.netreach.net

On this site you will find resources for all of your scripting needs.
Everything you need to get up and running. Over 200 Sample
Scripts, ActiveX controls, reference materials, and technical support
via an online discussion lounge.

[ Win32Scripting... automate!! ]

What is the difference?  Do I need to install WSH.exe first? or can I just install ste50en.exe?

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 wsh.exe & ste50en.exe

Thank you, that will reduce setup time.

  The latest release (ste50en.exe) includes WSH so that's all you need.

  Clarence

  --
  Check it out..

  Http://cwashington.netreach.net

  On this site you will find resources for all of your scripting needs.
  Everything you need to get up and running. Over 200 Sample
  Scripts, ActiveX controls, reference materials, and technical support
  via an online discussion lounge.

  [ Win32Scripting... automate!! ]

  What is the difference?  Do I need to install WSH.exe first? or can I just install ste50en.exe?

Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ste50en.exe Install Error.

2. RMTSHARE.exe XCACLS.exe WSH Shell problems

3. RMTSHARE.exe XCACLS.exe WSH Shell problems

4. It didn't work - ugh! (Re: ste50en.exe vs. wsh.exe per Microsoft article)

5. ste50en.exe vs. wsh.exe per Microsoft article ....

6. installing WSH & scr55en.exe

7. Problems with GVPM.EXE and/or GSOS2.EXE

8. Difference between scr56en.exe and scripten.exe

9. Running cscript.exe and wscript.exe from the floppy drive

10. cscript.exe vs wscript.exe

11. return values of WSCRIPT.EXE and CSCRIPT.EXE

12. Scrit.exe A win32 exe to execute vbscript