Running a WSH scripts on the server from a client browser?!?!?!
Author Message
 Running a WSH scripts on the server from a client browser?!?!?!

Hi guys and gals,

I'm managing a web mapping application where a XML file
needs to be generated on the server side from a client
IE6... that, I think I can do... My problem comes after...
still from the IE6 client, I need to launch a DOS
application with different parameters (set within the
client form). Is it possible??? I have tried to put some
WSH code (VBScript) in my ASP page to do so, but when I
try to run it... I always get an error message saying
something like that: The ASP does not support remote
scrpting... That message only appear when I run that
script... all the other ones (remote scripts) are working
properly in the same page!?! HELP!!! Please!!!

Thank you,

Pierre

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 22:25:45 GMT
 Running a WSH scripts on the server from a client browser?!?!?!
Are you trying to launch a DOS app on the server from the client code of
the IE window?

Mike Dutra
Windows Script Host Support

reserved.

--------------------

>Subject: Running a WSH scripts on the server from a client browser?!?!?!
>Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 06:25:45 -0800

>Hi guys and gals,

>I'm managing a web mapping application where a XML file
>needs to be generated on the server side from a client
>IE6... that, I think I can do... My problem comes after...
>still from the IE6 client, I need to launch a DOS
>application with different parameters (set within the
>client form). Is it possible??? I have tried to put some
>WSH code (VBScript) in my ASP page to do so, but when I
>try to run it... I always get an error message saying
>something like that: The ASP does not support remote
>scrpting... That message only appear when I run that
>script... all the other ones (remote scripts) are working
>properly in the same page!?! HELP!!! Please!!!

>Thank you,

>Pierre

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 06:56:20 GMT

1. Can wsh be ran at the server for clients PC's without wsh

2. Running Server Script from a client event

3. Running exe on server from browser

4. Passing value from Server script to client script.

5. Calling server-script from within client-script

6. Client side scripting / server side scripting

7. questions on passing text parameter from server script to client script (some new findings)

8. questions on passing parameter from server script to client script

9. ?Passing arrays from Server script to Client Script

10. Accessing Data generated with client-side script from server-side script

11. Pass client script variable to server script variable

12. Calling server-script from within client-script