Switch user
Author Message
 Switch user

Is there a way in wsh to switch to another user before
doing a Wsh.Shell Run ? I have a service that is
configured to be run as a user that is not admin, and I
need to become that user before stopping and starting the
service. Doing it as admin causes probs.
Thanks

Wed, 15 Dec 2004 02:48:09 GMT
 Switch user
what os?

If you are using 2k/xp then you can use runas, if it is NT you will need to
install 3rd party stuff.

Quote:
> Is there a way in wsh to switch to another user before
> doing a Wsh.Shell Run ? I have a service that is
> configured to be run as a user that is not admin, and I
> need to become that user before stopping and starting the
> service. Doing it as admin causes probs.
> Thanks

Wed, 15 Dec 2004 02:58:42 GMT
 Switch user
I ran across runas ( I am on 2000), but I can't figure out
how to call it and then handle the subsequent password
prompt. I was hoping that since I am running the wsh as
admin I could su without a password or find a util where I
could put the password on the su command line.
Thanks
Quote:

Wed, 15 Dec 2004 03:22:06 GMT
 Switch user
    There are  a few posts farther down.  Running script as local admin and
simple drag/drop runas sinker.  Those should help you out ;)

Ryan

Quote:
> I ran across runas ( I am on 2000), but I can't figure out
> how to call it and then handle the subsequent password
> prompt. I was hoping that since I am running the wsh as
> admin I could su without a password or find a util where I
> could put the password on the su command line.
> Thanks

Wed, 15 Dec 2004 03:32:36 GMT

1. Switch user

2. Switch user with WSH

3. Determine active user and recognise "switch user" event in XP Workgroup

4. how do i switch between two browser windows

5. Printer Emulation Switching On LW NTX

6. automatic papertray switch when empty?

7. A "switch" procedure

8. Software to switch modes on a LaserWriter II NT

9. postscript command for switching duplex on/off

10. NEC LC890 and software mde switching

11. "-sSUBSTFONT" switch in Ghostscript

12. ERROR ! Frame Switching in Modal Window