blat & HTML
Author Message
 blat & HTML

Maybe the wrong list, but who knows.

We use a freeware product called blat.exe to generate e-mail from our batch
programs.  I'd like to be able to send an HTML file with it and have it
displayed as such within Outlook.  Anyone had any experience doing so?

Thanks

\\Greg

Tue, 02 Sep 2003 05:47:22 GMT
 blat & HTML
Greg Martin says:

Quote:
>Maybe the wrong list, but who knows.

>We use a freeware product called blat.exe to generate e-mail from our batch
>programs.  I'd like to be able to send an HTML file with it and have it
>displayed as such within Outlook.  Anyone had any experience doing so?

Add   Content-type: text/html     to your headers.

----------
Randy Hunt
MCP+I / MCSE

visit www.wshscripting.com

Tue, 02 Sep 2003 08:42:00 GMT
 blat & HTML
Never heard of it but www.google.com found 474 hits for blat.exe on 0.29 seconds ;-)...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Maybe the wrong list, but who knows.

> We use a freeware product called blat.exe to generate e-mail from our batch
> programs.  I'd like to be able to send an HTML file with it and have it
> displayed as such within Outlook.  Anyone had any experience doing so?

> Thanks

> \\Greg

Tue, 02 Sep 2003 09:41:11 GMT
 blat & HTML
If you want the HTML to be displayed in the message body of the client mail
program then it attached as a special MIME HTML type (MHTML)
You can automate Outlook to send an HTML email message...

    Set appOutl = Wscript.CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    ' Set a reference to the MailItem object.
    Set maiMail = appOutl.CreateItem(0)
        ' Get an address from the user.
        maiMail.Recipients.Add(InputBox("Enter name of message recipient"))
        ' Add subject and body text.
        maiMail.Subject = "Testing mail by Automation"
        maiMail.HTMLBody = strHTML
        ' Send the mail.
        maiMail.Send

The CDONTS and JMAIL COM objects can also send HTML email.
Regards,
Ian
WSH FAQ http://www.windows-script.com

Quote:
> Maybe the wrong list, but who knows.

> We use a freeware product called blat.exe to generate e-mail from our
batch
> programs.  I'd like to be able to send an HTML file with it and have it
> displayed as such within Outlook.  Anyone had any experience doing so?

> Thanks

> \\Greg

Tue, 02 Sep 2003 13:16:09 GMT
 blat & HTML
blat's cool, its been around for a while.. its handy not very good scripters
like myself - heh

<joke>your such a scripter Michael !!! </joke>

julian, mcp

Quote:
> Never heard of it but www.google.com found 474 hits for blat.exe on 0.29
seconds ;-)...

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> --

> Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup instead.
> --

Quote:
> > Maybe the wrong list, but who knows.

> > We use a freeware product called blat.exe to generate e-mail from our
batch
> > programs.  I'd like to be able to send an HTML file with it and have it
> > displayed as such within Outlook.  Anyone had any experience doing so?

> > Thanks

> > \\Greg

Tue, 02 Sep 2003 15:45:44 GMT
 blat & HTML
Michael Harris says:

Quote:
>Never heard of it but www.google.com found 474 hits for blat.exe on 0.29 seconds ;-)...

It's a basic EXE file that's callable from DOS to send email from a
text file or from a command line parameter.   Kind of like a DOS
version of CDO.   :-)

----------
Randy Hunt
MCP+I / MCSE

visit www.wshscripting.com

Tue, 02 Sep 2003 13:13:10 GMT
 blat & HTML
Thanks Randy.  I kept looking last night and found the latest version of
blat 1.8.8 (3/9/01) has a -html switch which sends the message the correct
way.

\\Greg

Quote:
> Greg Martin says:

> >Maybe the wrong list, but who knows.

> >We use a freeware product called blat.exe to generate e-mail from our
batch
> >programs.  I'd like to be able to send an HTML file with it and have it
> >displayed as such within Outlook.  Anyone had any experience doing so?

> Add   Content-type: text/html     to your headers.

> ----------
> Randy Hunt
> MCP+I / MCSE

> visit www.wshscripting.com

Tue, 02 Sep 2003 20:49:17 GMT

1. Trouble using blat.exe or command-line mailer in a vbscript

2. Need Example Of Using Blat Mail with VBScript

3. Mac&StyleScript&EPS&ClarisWorks&Ill7

4. How to Replace html characters (&lt;&gt;) for html (<, />)tags

5. disk info & vbs file in html

6. Active Desktop HTML Page & Outlook

7. Netscape 4 & dynamic html

8. HTML Form - Copy&Paste with formatting

9. E-mail HTML & Text

10. JScript & HTML form

11. Embedding HTML & form data in email

12. E-mail HTML & Text