How to access the serial port with wsh
Author Message
 How to access the serial port with wsh

Hi,

does anyone know how to set the baudrate and access the serial port to
read and write data?

btw: I need to select a very special baudrate: 640bps

Thanks

Bye

Tue, 06 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to access the serial port with wsh
I used the following on NT 4.0:

Dim WSHShell
Set WSHShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WSHShell.RegWrite
"HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E96D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE103
18}\0001\UserInit", "AT*V2=3"

where you can put anything you like after the AT to send initialisation
commands to your modem (the setting here I use to switch my USR modem
between ISDN and V34). The 0001 is the COM2 port. You can change settings in
the modem properties via control pannel and check the exact registry setting
with the registry editor

Geert.

Quote:
>Hi,

>does anyone know how to set the baudrate and access the serial port to
>read and write data?

>btw: I need to select a very special baudrate: 640bps

>Thanks

>Bye

Wed, 07 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to access the Serial port

2. Access the serial Port with VBScript ?

3. Access to serial ports

4. Accessing serial ports

5. Access serial port with VBScript

6. Accessing the serial port, client side

7. Serial port with WSH

8. WSH and Serial Ports

9. client side talk to serial port

10. using the serial port (COM) in a VB Script

11. using parallel and serial ports

12. Laserwriter IIg serial port