Logon scripts
Author Message
 Logon scripts

Cross posting to the newsgroups that might be able to help you with script
questions...

Good Luck

Quote:
> Subject: Visual Basic Script
> Comment: I would like to create a script in visual basic
> for administrative purposes that would lauch the Disk
> Defragmenter program in the system tools of Windows XP
> Pro that would automatically defragment the C drive on a
> workstation. I teach at a high school and the script
> could save me a ton of time.
>  Appreciate any help you can offer
>  Claude Doucette

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 00:41:40 GMT
 Logon scripts
Welcome to the world of windows XP.  You don't need a script.  All you need
to do is set it in task scheduler.  You can schedule that and other tasks
with it.

Quote:
> Cross posting to the newsgroups that might be able to help you with script
> questions...

> Good Luck

> > Subject: Visual Basic Script
> > Comment: I would like to create a script in visual basic
> > for administrative purposes that would lauch the Disk
> > Defragmenter program in the system tools of Windows XP
> > Pro that would automatically defragment the C drive on a
> > workstation. I teach at a high school and the script
> > could save me a ton of time.
> >  Appreciate any help you can offer
> >  Claude Doucette

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 00:57:11 GMT
 Logon scripts

Quote:

> > Subject: Visual Basic Script
> > Comment: I would like to create a script in visual basic
> > for administrative purposes that would lauch the Disk
> > Defragmenter program in the system tools of Windows XP
> > Pro that would automatically defragment the C drive on a
> > workstation. I teach at a high school and the script
> > could save me a ton of time.

> Cross posting to the newsgroups that might be able to help you with script
> questions...

Hi

Use the command line version (put it e.g. in a scheduled job):

C:\>defrag /?
Usage:
defrag <volume> [-a] [-f] [-v] [-?]
  volume  drive letter or mount point (d: or d:\vol\mountpoint)
  -a      Analyze only
  -f      Force defragmentation even if free space is low
  -v      Verbose output
  -?      Display this help text

Cleanmgr is also an option (as a scheduled job as well) :

How to Automate the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315246

There is a 2 step process needed.

First a interactive run where you set up what cleanmgr is supposed to do and
where, and give it a sage number you can refer to later (38 in my example
below)

like this:

Cleanmgr.exe /dC: /sageset:38

When you are finished, you can run the cleanup without any user interaction
like

this:

Cleanmgr.exe /sagerun:38

--
torgeir
Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 02:41:15 GMT
 Logon scripts
What is a sage number ?

> > > Subject: Visual Basic Script
> > > Comment: I would like to create a script in visual basic
> > > for administrative purposes that would lauch the Disk
> > > Defragmenter program in the system tools of Windows XP
> > > Pro that would automatically defragment the C drive on a
> > > workstation. I teach at a high school and the script
> > > could save me a ton of time.

> > Cross posting to the newsgroups that might be able to help you with
script
> > questions...

> Hi

> Use the command line version (put it e.g. in a scheduled job):

> C:\>defrag /?
> Usage:
> defrag <volume> [-a] [-f] [-v] [-?]
>   volume  drive letter or mount point (d: or d:\vol\mountpoint)
>   -a      Analyze only
>   -f      Force defragmentation even if free space is low
>   -v      Verbose output
>   -?      Display this help text

> Cleanmgr is also an option (as a scheduled job as well) :

> How to Automate the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315246

> There is a 2 step process needed.

> First a interactive run where you set up what cleanmgr is supposed to do
and
> where, and give it a sage number you can refer to later (38 in my example
> below)

> like this:

> Cleanmgr.exe /dC: /sageset:38

> When you are finished, you can run the cleanup without any user
interaction
> like

> this:

> Cleanmgr.exe /sagerun:38

> --
> torgeir
> Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway
> Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page
> Scripting Guide: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:43:33 GMT

1. logon.exe script.vbs in profile (logon script)

2. How can I get logon server name and IP address from logon script using wsh

3. Win98, Logon script & finding logon server

4. vb script as network logon script

5. Running Scripting Host Files as Logon Script

6. WSH Script in NT Logon Script

7. Where to learn Logon Scripting?

8. logon scripts

9. logon script