How can I solve this?
Author Message
 How can I solve this?

Hi,

  I use WScript in my .js to change something in client's
registry. Also, I found that I can run that script on
my computer; however, when I deploy it on the server,
I cannot run it from the client because of the security.

  I thought that it is because "my computer" security
enables users to run an unsafe activex(prompt), but
"local intranet" doesn't(disable).

  Moreover, I don't want the client to change the security
himself. Any one has a good solution?

  My previous solution is to use my ActiveX created from
VC++. But it needs to install a certificate before using
it; so, I think that it is much more complicated to all
users.

Thanks for your suggestion

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 18:39:58 GMT
 How can I solve this?
Your previous solution was actually the proper solution...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Hi,

>   I use WScript in my .js to change something in client's
> registry. Also, I found that I can run that script on
> my computer; however, when I deploy it on the server,
> I cannot run it from the client because of the security.

>   I thought that it is because "my computer" security
> enables users to run an unsafe activex(prompt), but
> "local intranet" doesn't(disable).

>   Moreover, I don't want the client to change the security
> himself. Any one has a good solution?

>   My previous solution is to use my ActiveX created from
> VC++. But it needs to install a certificate before using
> it; so, I think that it is much more complicated to all
> users.

> Thanks for your suggestion

Wed, 07 Jul 2004 08:45:11 GMT

1. Solved this Problem

2. Solved: Missing fonts, ghostscript and Linux

3. JScript Newbie... solved

4. Duplex printing (solved)

5. Problem solved - landscape and ps2pdf (?)

6. js unspecified error : for experts to solve

7. ghostscript rangecheck error--SOLVED!

8. Build Exchange Mailbox with security descriptor. (SOLVED)

9. three web site problems to solve

10. dateformat problem solved, any better solution?

11. MAZE SOLVING

12. CAN Scripting Method Solve Problem in Serious Application?