Announcement: Integrated Remote Control HTA available
Author Message
 Announcement: Integrated Remote Control HTA available

The remote control tools I was working with in December are now
available as an integrated whole and can be downloaded from
Sourceforge at:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Note that this is a really early "test" release. You have to manually
register the DLL and OCX files included in the package for the remote
control clients to function correctly.

Currently the tool supports the following connection types:

Metaframe
pcAnywhere
VNC
Windows Terminal Services

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 12:37:05 GMT
 Announcement: Integrated Remote Control HTA available
A new version of this is up - with a cab file which *can* be extracted
from the GUI.

This has several changes from the earliest version.

(1) You can get it from the description page at
http://www.bittnet.com/aka/aka/rchta/

Using SourceForge is overkill (not to mention too much effort) right
now.

(2) Supported connections now include pcAnywhere, Terminal Services,
Metaframe, VNC, and PCI NetSupport.

(3) General cleanup of several minor details in the GUI.

(4) The HTA now checks to see if the controls are registered; if not,
it will automatically register the local copy. If you *did* have the
control registered at one point but it was removed without cleaning
the registry entry, this will not register it - you will have to do so
manually with regsvr32.

(5) The download has now ballooned to 767 kb - due to the size of the
included DLLs.  That's not bad considering you have 5 different remote
control clients bundled into it, but it can still be excessive. I
intend to put a codebase up eventually to allow for separate download
of the libraries as needed. At least MY material went from almost 20
kb down to 18 kb this time around.

(6) I have also included an HTML version - actually it's the same
version, it just has an HTM extension to allow running in a browser
easily.  I would be interested in hearing whether it works in IE 4; I
don't think it will.

That's it - if you try it, please respond with any comments you have
or email me.

Quote:
> The remote control tools I was working with in December are now
> available as an integrated whole and can be downloaded from
> Sourceforge at:
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=43105

> Note that this is a really early "test" release. You have to
manually
> register the DLL and OCX files included in the package for the
remote
> control clients to function correctly.

> Currently the tool supports the following connection types:

> Metaframe
> pcAnywhere
> VNC
> Windows Terminal Services

Thu, 22 Jul 2004 21:44:39 GMT

1. Announcement: Integrated Remote Control HTA available

2. Announcement: Integrated Remote Control HTA available

3. Using ActiveX or Script to Access Remote Mail Server via HTA Application

4. Using ActiveX or Script to Access Remote Mail Server via HTA Application

5. Using ActiveX or Script to Access Remote Mail Server via HTA Application

6. Confusion about .hta, ActiveX Control and security

7. HTA's:Control over application

8. Confusion about .hta, ActiveX Control and security

9. referencing browser control in an HTA ??

10. Sizing HTA windows around embedded ActiveX controls

11. How to control size of HTA window when its opened

12. Confusion about .hta, ActiveX Control and security