copying files and I get acces denied...
Author Message
 copying files and I get acces denied...

copying files and I get acces denied...If the source of the copy is explicit (no wildcards) and the target is a folder, make sure to include the final "\" in the target folder's name to avoid having the copy/copyfile method misinterpret it as a file name with no extension (in which case you get a "permission denied" since the name conflicts with a folder name that already exists).

See the remarks section of Copy/Move/CopyFile/MoveFile methods...

--
Michael Harris

Hi everybody

I am getting access denied when I am trying to copy a file from a network share to the local machine.  All of the permissions are set correct.  I don't know what is going on.  I am using the Wscript.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") and still no bueno.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Seth

Fri, 07 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting Permission Denied error, using FSO.Copy or InUse.exe

2. asp+ acces denied folder !!!!

3. javascript runtime error stating Acces Denied

4. File copying -- Permission denied

5. Permission Denied when copying a file to the SendTo folder

6. Copy file over network : Permission Denied

7. Permission denied when copying a file

8. access denied when trying to copy a file

9. Permission denied getting file from server

10. Find a copy a file with File.Copy method

11. Copy multiple files and checking if all files are copied

12. Permission Denied Error On objFile.Copy