How to Toggle between Online and Offline?
Author Message
 How to Toggle between Online and Offline?

Hi All,

I have a WSH/VBS script that connects to the Internet to transfer e-mail.
The script itself works great but I have run into a problem.  If I am in
Offline mode the script will not connect.  If I am in Online mode then there
are no problems.

My question is: how can my script toggle between these 2 modes?

Thanks for any help,

Charles

Sun, 03 Oct 2004 08:31:33 GMT
 How to Toggle between Online and Offline?

Quote:

Try this:

Under the key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\
Software\
Microsoft\
Windows\
CurrentVersion\
Internet Settings

let the script set the value GlobalUserOffline (type
REG_DWORD) to 0 *before* you start your application.

--
torgeir

Sun, 03 Oct 2004 09:15:03 GMT
 How to Toggle between Online and Offline?
Hi Torgeir,

Thanks for the pointer, I don't know how I missed that in the first place.

Charles

Quote:

Sun, 03 Oct 2004 10:58:54 GMT
 How to Toggle between Online and Offline?
I think you can just set the Offline property. That works for the
WebBrowser control and according to MSDN it also applies
to the IE object:
  IE.Offline = False

> Hi All,

> I have a WSH/VBS script that connects to the Internet to transfer e-mail.
> The script itself works great but I have run into a problem.  If I am in
> Offline mode the script will not connect.  If I am in Online mode then
there
> are no problems.

> My question is: how can my script toggle between these 2 modes?

> Thanks for any help,

> Charles

Sun, 03 Oct 2004 11:53:52 GMT
 How to Toggle between Online and Offline?
Hi,

Yes, you are correct but I am not loading IE at all so I have no property to
set.  My script uses a RAS ocx just to connect and disconnect from the
internet, so IE is never involved.

Anyway, Torgiers suggestion works fine for me.  I had to create a loader
script to check the online state before the actual dialing script runs but
it works great.

Thanks for the information,

Charles

Quote:
> I think you can just set the Offline property. That works for the
> WebBrowser control and according to MSDN it also applies
> to the IE object:
>   IE.Offline = False

> --
> --

> > Hi All,

> > I have a WSH/VBS script that connects to the Internet to transfer
e-mail.
> > The script itself works great but I have run into a problem.  If I am in
> > Offline mode the script will not connect.  If I am in Online mode then
> there
> > are no problems.

> > My question is: how can my script toggle between these 2 modes?

> > Thanks for any help,

> > Charles

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 06:16:30 GMT
 How to Toggle between Online and Offline?
Woops! Sorry, I misread your post.

> Hi,

> Yes, you are correct but I am not loading IE at all so I have no property
> set.  My script uses a RAS ocx just to connect and disconnect from the
> internet, so IE is never involved.

> Anyway, Torgiers suggestion works fine for me.  I had to create a loader
> script to check the online state before the actual dialing script runs but
> it works great.

> Thanks for the information,

> Charles

> > I think you can just set the Offline property. That works for the
> > WebBrowser control and according to MSDN it also applies
> > to the IE object:
> >   IE.Offline = False

> > --
> > --

> > > Hi All,

> > > I have a WSH/VBS script that connects to the Internet to transfer
> e-mail.
> > > The script itself works great but I have run into a problem.  If I am
in
> > > Offline mode the script will not connect.  If I am in Online mode then
> > there
> > > are no problems.

> > > My question is: how can my script toggle between these 2 modes?

> > > Thanks for any help,

> > > Charles

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 09:27:36 GMT
 How to Toggle between Online and Offline?
Hi,

No need to apologize to me, all suggestions are welcome and I might learn
something new.

Thanks,

Charles

Quote:
> Woops! Sorry, I misread your post.

> --
> --

> > Hi,

> > Yes, you are correct but I am not loading IE at all so I have no
property
> > set.  My script uses a RAS ocx just to connect and disconnect from the
> > internet, so IE is never involved.

> > Anyway, Torgiers suggestion works fine for me.  I had to create a loader
> > script to check the online state before the actual dialing script runs
but
> > it works great.

> > Thanks for the information,

> > Charles

> > > I think you can just set the Offline property. That works for the
> > > WebBrowser control and according to MSDN it also applies
> > > to the IE object:
> > >   IE.Offline = False

> > > --
> > > --

> > e-mail.
> in
> > > there

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 13:09:45 GMT

1. VBS File For Printer Online / Offline Toggle

2. VBS File For Printer Online / Offline Toggle

3. Testing wheter online / offline.

4. Ping host and giving online/offline- message

5. Ping host and giving online/offline- message

6. WinXP Offline Files: forcing online status

7. Online or Offline at logon?

8. Cookie code now works offline but displays HTTP 500 online

9. Online/Offline status checking??

10. checking online/offline

11. Online or offline, Outlook

12. online/offline folder property in outlook