Set WSHShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Author Message
 Set WSHShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Set WSHShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

produces  the following error

            object required 'WScript'

What am I doing wrong?

I do not know what registration means. Does this have something to do
with the problem?

Wed, 08 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Set WSHShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Did You install the Scripting Host by executing the "exe"-file (forinstance
ste51en.exe)  or did You only copy the files from one machine to another ?
The installation process makes registry entries like this you find under
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT:
wscript.shell -> reference to wshom.ocx  (InProcServer32) or
wscript.network -> reference to wshom.ocx (InProcServer32) too
Take the registry editor "regedit.exe" and search for "wscript.shell" or
further for "wscript.network". If you find nothing reinstall the Scripting
Host.

Regards
Frank Helbig

Quote:
>Set WSHShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

>produces  the following error

>            object required 'WScript'

>What am I doing wrong?

>I do not know what registration means. Does this have something to do
>with the problem?

Fri, 10 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

2. can't CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

3. WScript.WshShell or WScript.Shell ??????

4. problem with >> Set WshShell=CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

5. WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") fails on NT 4.0

6. How to use CreateObject("wscript.shell").run( "some.exe")

7. I cannot use WScript.CreateObject("MSWinsock.Winsock","Tcp1_") in .hta

8. VBScript "Object Required WScript" Error

9. Error, Object Required "Wscript"

10. does wscript.sleep now "DoEvents"?

12. Set filesys = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")