Changing dialup - where is it held?
Author Message
 Changing dialup - where is it held?

Hmmmm...... tried to write a batch file to either move files or adjust
the registry so windows dials a different connection at a different time
of day, but I can't find any folder on the hard disk or any key in the
registry containing my dialups!  Where has windows hidden them?  Can
anyone help please?
Midi/mod music, {*filter*}/scenic pictures, funny sound clips:
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~hucker/pages.htm

Confuscious say:
"Man who lives in glass house should change in ba{*filter*}t."

Wed, 15 Dec 2004 04:30:08 GMT
 Changing dialup - where is it held?
Depends on the OS.  There is a script for Win9x on my vbspage that presents a menu of all dialup connections, you could probably get what you need from looking at that if you need it for Win9x.

--

Bill James
Microsoft MVPDTS

Win9x VBScript Utilities ? www.billsway.com/vbspage/
Windows Tweaks & Tips ? www.billsway.com/notes_public/

Quote:

> Hmmmm...... tried to write a batch file to either move files or adjust
> the registry so windows dials a different connection at a different time
> of day, but I can't find any folder on the hard disk or any key in the
> registry containing my dialups!  Where has windows hidden them?  Can
> anyone help please?
> --
> Midi/mod music, {*filter*}/scenic pictures, funny sound clips:
> http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~hucker/pages.htm

> Confuscious say:
> "Man who lives in glass house should change in ba{*filter*}t."

Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:32:44 GMT
 Changing dialup - where is it held?
Oops, I posted this to other groups with win2000 in the title, forgot to
explicitly mention it here!

By the way your sig seperator is broken.

Quote:
>Depends on the OS.  There is a script for Win9x on my vbspage that presents a menu of all dialup connections, you could probably get what you need from looking at that if you need it for Win9x.

>--

>Bill James
>Microsoft MVPDTS

>Win9x VBScript Utilities ? www.billsway.com/vbspage/
>Windows Tweaks & Tips ? www.billsway.com/notes_public/

>> Hmmmm...... tried to write a batch file to either move files or adjust
>> the registry so windows dials a different connection at a different time
>> of day, but I can't find any folder on the hard disk or any key in the
>> registry containing my dialups!  Where has windows hidden them?  Can
>> anyone help please?
>> --
>> Midi/mod music, {*filter*}/scenic pictures, funny sound clips:
>> http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~hucker/pages.htm

>> Confuscious say:
>> "Man who lives in glass house should change in ba{*filter*}t."

Midi/mod music, {*filter*}/scenic pictures, funny sound clips:
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~hucker/pages.htm

Does the Little Mermaid wear an algebra?

Thu, 16 Dec 2004 05:19:26 GMT
 Changing dialup - where is it held?

Quote:

>>> of day, but I can't find any folder on the hard disk or any key in the
>>> registry containing my dialups!  Where has windows hidden them?  Can
>>> anyone help please?
>>> --=20

>Try:

>HKEY_CURRENT_USER\RemoteAccess

>and

>HKEY_USERS\.Default\RemoteAccess

I forgot to say I'm using windows 2000.  That registry key seems to be
out of sync with the real dial up networking.  It's showing me
connections I had last year.
Midi/mod music, {*filter*}/scenic pictures, funny sound clips:
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~hucker/pages.htm

The reason your job died unexpectedly is because we
lost coolant to the firewall and the ether in the net blew up.

Thu, 16 Dec 2004 05:20:27 GMT
 Changing dialup - where is it held?

Quote:
>HKEY_CURRENT_USER\RemoteAccess\Profile

I forgot to say I'm using windows 2000.  That registry key seems to be
out of sync with the real dial up networking.  It's showing me
connections I had last year.
Midi/mod music, {*filter*}/scenic pictures, funny sound clips:
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~hucker/pages.htm

If you're cross-eyed and have dyslexia, can you read all right?

Thu, 16 Dec 2004 08:27:04 GMT

1. I am trying to change the MousePointer

2. Determinig if Variable holds Odd or Even #

3. Problems Sizing a Window to that of the Image it Holds

4. holding a pointer in an application variable

5. Holding focus on a window or frame

6. Help! Getting hold of Birmy Power RIP

7. VBScript holding IE Window Hostage

8. How much can a hidden tag hold?

9. Holding a connection object.

10. Help with Wait,Hold, Pause, whatever...

11. element properties can hold object references

12. One order of GET, hold the CGI