Remote WSH
Author Message
 Remote WSH

Hi could anyone lend a tip?

I am trying to do remote WSH.  Documentations I found says that you need to
either apply the windowsscript.adm or configure your security to allow
Remote WSH, on the computer that you are trying to run scripts remotely,
using Windows 2000 Reskit.  I couldn't find windowsscript.adm anywhere on
the internet and I couldn't find anything on the Win2k Reskit or the Reskit
supplements that would tell me where to configure this.  I know that it has
to either be through either Local Security Policy or manually add or change
a registry entry.

Has anyone has the solution to this.  If so Please Help.

TIA.

Sat, 08 May 2004 10:22:28 GMT
 Remote WSH
It was posted (by Andrew Clinick) as a file attachment in the ...scripting.wsh NG about a month ago...

All you really need to do is set the

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
\SOFTWARE
\Microsoft
\Windows Script Host
\Settings
\Remote

named value to "1" ...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Hi could anyone lend a tip?

> I am trying to do remote WSH.  Documentations I found says that you need to
> either apply the windowsscript.adm or configure your security to allow
> Remote WSH, on the computer that you are trying to run scripts remotely,
> using Windows 2000 Reskit.  I couldn't find windowsscript.adm anywhere on
> the internet and I couldn't find anything on the Win2k Reskit or the Reskit
> supplements that would tell me where to configure this.  I know that it has
> to either be through either Local Security Policy or manually add or change
> a registry entry.

> Has anyone has the solution to this.  If so Please Help.

> TIA.

Sun, 09 May 2004 04:52:58 GMT
 Remote WSH
Thank you Michael for this tip.  I can't believe I missed it.  It was right
in front of my eyes.

Thank you.
Khoa

It was posted (by Andrew Clinick) as a file attachment in the
...scripting.wsh NG about a month ago...

All you really need to do is set the

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
\SOFTWARE
\Microsoft
\Windows Script Host
\Settings
\Remote

named value to "1" ...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Hi could anyone lend a tip?

> I am trying to do remote WSH.  Documentations I found says that you need
> either apply the windowsscript.adm or configure your security to allow
> Remote WSH, on the computer that you are trying to run scripts remotely,
> using Windows 2000 Reskit.  I couldn't find windowsscript.adm anywhere on
> the internet and I couldn't find anything on the Win2k Reskit or the
Reskit
> supplements that would tell me where to configure this.  I know that it
has
> to either be through either Local Security Policy or manually add or
change
> a registry entry.

> Has anyone has the solution to this.  If so Please Help.

> TIA.

Sun, 09 May 2004 22:31:50 GMT

1. remote Authentication for running a remote wsh script

2. passsing argument to a remote script - with remote WSH

3. setting up Remote WSH

4. sending email using CDO and remote WSH

5. accessing network shares while running remote WSH

6. Enabling Remote WSH

7. Remote WSH not working on NT4

8. remote WSH Dcom configuration

9. Can't get my remote WSH script to run

10. Remote WSH

11. Remote WSH - windowsscript.adm

12. Remote WSH