Remote script with WshController
Author Message
 Remote script with WshController

Hi,

On a local lan, I can execute a simple remote script from a Win2k to a
remote Win2k Pcs. The script still working if I execute it from a Win 98se
machine to a remote Win 2k . Problem is that the script fail when I try to
execute from a Win2k Pc to a remote Win 98 machine with the error message
"Remote server does not exist or it is not available"

All Pc's are running WSH 5.6.

Here's the script (From Windows 2000 Scripting book)

strRemoteComputer = "\\ordiwin98"
strWorkerScript = "calc.vbs"
Set objWshController = WScript.CreateObject("WshController")
Set objRemoteScript =objWshController.CreateScript(strWorkerScript,
strRemoteComputer)
objRemoteScript.Execute

Do While Not objRemoteScript.Status = 2
     Wscript.Sleep(100)
     Wscript.Echo "Remote script not yet complete."
loop

Thank you for your help.
--
Patrice Valiquette
Technicien en informatique

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 12:08:18 GMT
 Remote script with WshController
Requires both Os to have 5.6 or so installed.

Quote:
> Hi,

> On a local lan, I can execute a simple remote script from a Win2k to a
> remote Win2k Pcs. The script still working if I execute it from a Win 98se
> machine to a remote Win 2k . Problem is that the script fail when I try to
> execute from a Win2k Pc to a remote Win 98 machine with the error message
> "Remote server does not exist or it is not available"

> All Pc's are running WSH 5.6.

> Here's the script (From Windows 2000 Scripting book)

> strRemoteComputer = "\\ordiwin98"
> strWorkerScript = "calc.vbs"
> Set objWshController = WScript.CreateObject("WshController")
> Set objRemoteScript =objWshController.CreateScript(strWorkerScript,
> strRemoteComputer)
> objRemoteScript.Execute

> Do While Not objRemoteScript.Status = 2
>      Wscript.Sleep(100)
>      Wscript.Echo "Remote script not yet complete."
> loop

> Thank you for your help.
> --
> Patrice Valiquette
> Technicien en informatique
> Commission Scolaire Des Laurentides
> Tl : (450) 229-3571 poste 301
> Cell et bo?te vocale : (514) 898-4500

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 16:04:38 GMT
 Remote script with WshController

Quote:

> On a local lan, I can execute a simple remote script from a Win2k to a
> remote Win2k Pcs. The script still working if I execute it from a Win 98se
> machine to a remote Win 2k . Problem is that the script fail when I try to
> execute from a Win2k Pc to a remote Win 98 machine with the error message
> "Remote server does not exist or it is not available"

> All Pc's are running WSH 5.6.

> Here's the script (From Windows 2000 Scripting book)

> strRemoteComputer = "\\ordiwin98"
> strWorkerScript = "calc.vbs"
> Set objWshController = WScript.CreateObject("WshController")
> Set objRemoteScript =objWshController.CreateScript(strWorkerScript,
> strRemoteComputer)
> objRemoteScript.Execute

Hi

What you try is not supported (using WshController to connect to a Win9x
computer). If you install WMI Core 1.5 on your Win98 computer, you can connect
through WMI instead:

Subject: Re: Followup Post: Accessing WMI on Win98SE from XP with a Workgroup
(not domain)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wmi
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3DA513DD.39F7A3B7%40hydro.com

Subject: DCOM/WMI in Win9x
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wmi
http://groups.google.com/groups?th=b948767fcdc25444
http://groups.google.com/groups?th=b948767fcdc25444

--
torgeir
Administration scripting examples and a ONLINE version of the 1328 page

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 16:48:20 GMT

1. WshController: Remote script runs only on local machine not on remote machine

2. WSH 5.6 remote scripting - WSHController

3. How to enable WSHController remote procedures?

4. 'Remote Scripting Error: Page invoked does not support remote scripting

5. WSHController script location

6. WshController script help please "Automation server..."

7. remote Authentication for running a remote wsh script

8. passsing argument to a remote script - with remote WSH

9. Remote service pack deployment with remote scripting

10. Execute remote script on a Remote XP Machine

11. Windows Script Host to Execute Remote Script Q311269

12. WSHController