Scroll Wheel in HTA
Author Message
 Scroll Wheel in HTA

  Hi.

When I open an HTML application (.hta) with scroll bars enabled, the scroll
wheel will not work, but the scroll bar will. Is there any way to allow the
wheel to scroll???

thanks in advance,

KZ

Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Scroll Wheel in HTA
For me (IE5.5) the mouse scroll wheel works normally in an HTA...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft MVP - Scripting

"It always helps to read the documentation..."

Quote:

>   Hi.

> When I open an HTML application (.hta) with scroll bars enabled, the scroll
> wheel will not work, but the scroll bar will. Is there any way to allow the
> wheel to scroll???

> thanks in advance,

> KZ

Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Scroll Wheel in HTA

Michael,

Thanks for the reply.

I realize your "It always helps to read the documentation..." suggestion
appears at the bottom of your posts, not just mine; I don't think it's a
cool idea to just post questions for the sake of being too lazy to do a
little research and trial and error first...

In my case, I've searched through MSDN and a couple other sources. I
couldn't find anything that, with trial and error, would enable wheel
scrolling in an HTA...

I'm using IE 5.0, by the way. Could it be that this wasn't possisble until
5.5?

thanks for any further help,

Ken

Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Scroll Wheel in HTA

HTA support _did_ change somewhere between IE5.0 and 5.5.

For example, the HTA:APPLICATION attributes contextMenu, innerBorder, navigable, scroll, scrollFlat,
and selection were not documented for the first (IE5.0) version of HTAs.  Of these additional
attributes, only navigable is marked in the docs as new to 5.5.  So the others *might* have actually
been supported in 5.0 but not documented or added in 5.01 or 5.5 but marked correctly in the docs.
In any case, it might be that the mouse scroll wheel support was added (fixed?) after 5.0.

BTW - I have the MS IntelliEye mouse so it might also be an issue with the specific mouse
hardware/driver...  I just looked at the Mouse Properties dialog and in Wheel  / Advanced, IE 5.0 is
among the applications excluded from wheel support (the list I have is still the default list which
has 4 other apps other than IE5), though the wheel has always worked for me when I had IE5.0 and
5.01...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft MVP - Scripting

Quote:

> Michael,

> Thanks for the reply.

> I realize your "It always helps to read the documentation..." suggestion
> appears at the bottom of your posts, not just mine; I don't think it's a
> cool idea to just post questions for the sake of being too lazy to do a
> little research and trial and error first...

> In my case, I've searched through MSDN and a couple other sources. I
> couldn't find anything that, with trial and error, would enable wheel
> scrolling in an HTA...

> I'm using IE 5.0, by the way. Could it be that this wasn't possisble until
> 5.5?

> thanks for any further help,

> Ken

Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Scroll Wheel in HTA
Thanks for the info, Michael.

My wheel seems to work on most applications as I would expect...
Incidentaly, I don't have a 'Wheel' tab or advanced options...Oh, well, just
have to hang on this one a while.
I haven't heard of an "onScroll" (as in wheel) event handler, either....

Good day,

Ken

Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Scroll Wheel in HTA

2. Scroll Wheel in HTA

3. Scroll bars- hta's again (Michael H.)

4. Scroll bars- hta's again

5. Scroll bars- hta's again

6. Wheel mouse support??

7. vertical scroll bars to scroll a maximized form??

8. Scripting HTA's HTA:APPLICATION Navigable property

9. Opening HTA from a HTA?

10. Can NN scroll a frame with scrolling="no" ?

11. Problems using style="overflow:scroll;" and clipping to enable scrolling in a NAV layer

12. Scroll bar colors