Drag & drop ordering of arguments
Author Message
 Drag & drop ordering of arguments

Probably simple question but:
 when several files are draged onto a vbs shortcut, how is
the ordering determined of the files --> WScript.Arguments array?

 - Mitch

Fri, 17 Dec 2004 01:39:16 GMT
 Drag & drop ordering of arguments
From a quick test, Mitch, it looks to me like it does this...

(1) The last item selected - or the focus when you "grab" the list - is
the first one.

(2) from there, it goes in the display order in a "round robin" fashion
like dealing cards; for example, if I select 10 items, the "handle" is
the 6th one, and I have things set to display in alphabetic order, it
will display them like this:
6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5
If you switch to order by document, order by size, etc in a folder, it
seems to follow the sort order there, always starting with the "handle"
file.

--
Please respond in the newsgroup.  I've still got unread email from the
week Win95 was released, if that tells you anything.

Quote:
> Probably simple question but:
>  when several files are draged onto a vbs shortcut, how is
> the ordering determined of the files --> WScript.Arguments array?

>  - Mitch

Fri, 17 Dec 2004 02:11:09 GMT

1. Drag and drop-command line arguments

2. Drag & Drop in VB/A

3. Drag & drop file from desktop to textbox

4. TreeViewControl in VBScript Drag&Drop?

5. spread 6... drag&drop

6. DataTransfer - Drag&Drop

7. Drag&Drop prob.

8. No Drag & Drop after updating WSHto ste51de

9. WSH Drag & Drop Handler

10. Drag & Drop

11. Drag&drop receiver procedure for hta

12. Drag & drop into hta window