how to get file version with VBS?
Author Message
 how to get file version with VBS?

Hi there!

I am looking for an object that allows me to get the version tab information
of the file properties and be able to read it with VBS.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

thanks!

Sat, 31 May 2003 11:58:25 GMT
 how to get file version with VBS?
strVersion = fso.GetFileVersion(sPath)

in "n.n.n.n" string format...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Hi there!

> I am looking for an object that allows me to get the version tab
information
> of the file properties and be able to read it with VBS.
> Any suggestions will be appreciated.

> thanks!

Sat, 31 May 2003 12:49:31 GMT

1. Getting File Version in VBScript

2. Getting file Versions in VBSCRIPT

3. Getting a File Version using VBScript

4. Getting driver file version information via vbscript or VB

5. Getting driver file version information via vbscript or VB

6. Getting the name of the current VBS file

7. How to compare two file versions and dio update if newer version is available

8. Calling *.vbs files to Run From Master VBS File

9. how to call vbs file from vbs file

10. Getting VB Version 5.5

11. getting detailed version info?

12. Getting DLL versions