Locking terminal sessions remotely
Author Message
 Locking terminal sessions remotely

I haven't found much on this issue.

I'm simply wanting to lock terminals remotely -- whether Citrix or RDP.
Can't see how to do it with WMI. No native tools in Citrix, nothing from
Microsoft.

Has anyone succeeded in doing this? Ideally, it'd be possible to specify a
session, user, base it on idle time, etc.

In short, group policies aren't working properly to enforce locking
screensavers. Oddly enough, even though this policy applies to the terminal
servers, I've found that the policy applies in part depending on the client
-- e.g., is it a DOS client, a Win98 client, or a W2K/XP client.

But then I'm getting all kinds of weird things -- such as clicking on
shortcuts to Citrix QDM in a terminal session opening the link in a local
IE session.

Locking the sessions, folks -- including, BTW, disconnected ones. Any
ideas? rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation certainly doesn't work.

I know, I know -- a custom GINA, right?

:-(

- Scott

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:39:22 GMT
 Locking terminal sessions remotely
I think you will want to look at the Win32_TerminalServiceSetting class in
the root\cimv2 namespace from a WMI perspective with regards to Terminal
Services.

--
[MS] Scott McNairy
WMI Test Engineer

> I haven't found much on this issue.

> I'm simply wanting to lock terminals remotely -- whether Citrix or RDP.
> Can't see how to do it with WMI. No native tools in Citrix, nothing from
> Microsoft.

> Has anyone succeeded in doing this? Ideally, it'd be possible to specify a
> session, user, base it on idle time, etc.

> In short, group policies aren't working properly to enforce locking
> screensavers. Oddly enough, even though this policy applies to the
terminal
> servers, I've found that the policy applies in part depending on the
client
> -- e.g., is it a DOS client, a Win98 client, or a W2K/XP client.

> But then I'm getting all kinds of weird things -- such as clicking on
> shortcuts to Citrix QDM in a terminal session opening the link in a local
> IE session.

> Locking the sessions, folks -- including, BTW, disconnected ones. Any
> ideas? rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation certainly doesn't work.

> I know, I know -- a custom GINA, right?

> :-(

> - Scott

Wed, 17 Aug 2005 02:47:54 GMT

1. Remotely Running Apps On a Terminal from the Term Srv

2. Remotely LOCK Workstation

3. Open Terminal Server Session on remote machine ?

4. vbs fxn to detect terminal server session

5. Scripting a terminal session

6. Inside Terminal Session

7. DLL: Get client IP for Terminal Server Session with WSH

8. VB Sendkeys in Terminal Sessions

9. Remote end all terminal user sessions

10. To session or not to session...

11. GetObject and Session-to-Session Activation

12. How do you obtain the terminal services session id with wsh?