would be better if I could script all of it.

Thanks,
Anthony

Sat, 08 May 2004 01:33:06 GMT
 How to set securtiy permissions on a file
Hi

You can take a look at this thread (discussing the MS tools Cacls.exe and
adssecurity.dll):

Subject: Setting access rights to an NTFS directory
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.VBScript
Date: 2001-11-05 08:48:07 PST

You can use http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search to fetch it :-)

I also resently stumbled over SoftArtisans FileManager, a free COM object that
can be used from VBScript.

SoftArtisans FileManager v2.0 (FREE)
http://www.softartisans.com/softartisans/safilemanager.html

<qoute>
All of your File Management Needs in a Single, Easy to Use Control
100% script compatible with Microsoft Scripting.FileSystemObject

Contains ALL the features of the Microsoft Scripting.FileSystemObject PLUS the
following:

Security Features:
File Encryption
Access Control List Manipulation
File Ownership
LogonUser / RevertToSelf
Show security context of current thread

File Manipulation Enhancements:
Binary File read, write, fill
INI File Manipulation
Database BLOB Import/Export

Other Features:
DLL Registration
Fully scriptable by Active Server Pages (ASP)

Can be used in any COM client including Visual Basic, C++, etc.
Many features can be disabled via Registry settings
All at significantly enhanced performance!
</qoute>

--
torgeir

Quote:

>     Does anyone know if there is a way to set security perssions on a
> file through a scripting object? I've found a utility to do it, but I
> would be better if I could script all of it.

> Thanks,
> Anthony

Sat, 08 May 2004 03:32:44 GMT
 How to set securtiy permissions on a file
    Does adssecurity.dll only work on Win2000?  I'm using NT 4 SP6a right now, and
I can't register the dll.  I have all of the required dll's, the only thing that I
can think of is that some of them may need to be a higher version.

Anthony

Quote:

> Hi

> You can take a look at this thread (discussing the MS tools Cacls.exe and
> adssecurity.dll):

> Subject: Setting access rights to an NTFS directory
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript
> Date: 2001-11-05 08:48:07 PST

> You can use http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search to fetch it :-)

> I also resently stumbled over SoftArtisans FileManager, a free COM object that
> can be used from VBScript.

> SoftArtisans FileManager v2.0 (FREE)
> http://www.softartisans.com/softartisans/safilemanager.html

> <qoute>
> All of your File Management Needs in a Single, Easy to Use Control
> 100% script compatible with Microsoft Scripting.FileSystemObject

> Contains ALL the features of the Microsoft Scripting.FileSystemObject PLUS the
> following:

> Security Features:
> File Encryption
> Access Control List Manipulation
> File Ownership
> LogonUser / RevertToSelf
> Show security context of current thread

> File Manipulation Enhancements:
> Binary File read, write, fill
> INI File Manipulation
> Database BLOB Import/Export

> Other Features:
> DLL Registration
> Fully scriptable by Active Server Pages (ASP)

> Can be used in any COM client including Visual Basic, C++, etc.
> Many features can be disabled via Registry settings
> All at significantly enhanced performance!
> </qoute>

> --
> torgeir

> >     Does anyone know if there is a way to set security perssions on a
> > file through a scripting object? I've found a utility to do it, but I
> > would be better if I could script all of it.

> > Thanks,
> > Anthony

Sat, 08 May 2004 04:44:49 GMT
 How to set securtiy permissions on a file
    Nevermind, I got it to registry under WinNT.
Quote:

>     Does adssecurity.dll only work on Win2000?  I'm using NT 4 SP6a right now, and
> I can't register the dll.  I have all of the required dll's, the only thing that I
> can think of is that some of them may need to be a higher version.

> Anthony

> > Hi

> > You can take a look at this thread (discussing the MS tools Cacls.exe and
> > adssecurity.dll):

> > Subject: Setting access rights to an NTFS directory
> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript
> > Date: 2001-11-05 08:48:07 PST

> > You can use http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search to fetch it :-)

> > I also resently stumbled over SoftArtisans FileManager, a free COM object that
> > can be used from VBScript.

> > SoftArtisans FileManager v2.0 (FREE)
> > http://www.softartisans.com/softartisans/safilemanager.html

> > <qoute>
> > All of your File Management Needs in a Single, Easy to Use Control
> > 100% script compatible with Microsoft Scripting.FileSystemObject

> > Contains ALL the features of the Microsoft Scripting.FileSystemObject PLUS the
> > following:

> > Security Features:
> > File Encryption
> > Access Control List Manipulation
> > File Ownership
> > LogonUser / RevertToSelf
> > Show security context of current thread

> > File Manipulation Enhancements:
> > Binary File read, write, fill
> > INI File Manipulation
> > Database BLOB Import/Export

> > Other Features:
> > DLL Registration
> > Fully scriptable by Active Server Pages (ASP)

> > Can be used in any COM client including Visual Basic, C++, etc.
> > Many features can be disabled via Registry settings
> > All at significantly enhanced performance!
> > </qoute>

> > --
> > torgeir

> > >     Does anyone know if there is a way to set security perssions on a
> > > file through a scripting object? I've found a utility to do it, but I
> > > would be better if I could script all of it.

> > > Thanks,
> > > Anthony

Sat, 08 May 2004 04:59:05 GMT

1. Setting NTFS File Permissions

2. Set File Permissions

3. Setting file permissions in VBScript

4. Enumerating Permission set on File Share

5. How to set file permissions locally and remotely

6. ADSI: Setting File/Folder Permissions Problem

7. Set permissions on multiple files

8. Set file permissions from VBScript - HOW?

9. Setting File Permissions

10. Set file permission with WMI

11. Setting file permissions

12. Q: Setting permissions on files on local machine