How to compare two file versions and dio update if newer version is available
Author Message
 How to compare two file versions and dio update if newer version is available

Hi There

I use VBScript as an NT Administrator.
I need to update some files on users PC's
How can I grab the version and compare it to latest version and do an update
if newer version is available

Thanks

--
Kevin Fennelly
delphi Software

Tue, 18 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to compare two file versions and dio update if newer version is available
WSH 2 beta 2 includes a beta version of scrrun.dll (Scripting Runtime Library)
that has a new GetFileVersion method.  Doing the update is another story,
especially if these are DLLs or other files that are potentially in use.

--
Michael Harris

| Hi There
|
| I use vbscript as an NT Administrator.
| I need to update some files on users PC's
| How can I grab the version and compare it to latest version and do an update
| if newer version is available
|
| Thanks
|
| --
| Kevin Fennelly
| Delphi Software
| TEL: 353 1 278 2066 ext 248

Wed, 19 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. New Version 5.0 beta available on scripting site

2. New version of psfig (1.10) available

3. New Version 5.0 beta available on scripting site

4. New version of bbfig available

5. How to convert old xfig files 2.1.6 to new 3.__ version AND vice versa

6. Format LaTeX into plain ASCII files with new version of LameTeX (1.1)

7. Comparing features of all versions of VBScript

8. PostScript versions of NIH forms available

9. PostScript version of DD Form 1473 available

10. Version 5.0 beta 1 Engines download available!

11. WSH 5.6 localized version available

12. available WScript functions, WSH version