Logonserver (windows 95)
Author Message
 Logonserver (windows 95)

Windows 95 has no logonserver variable.
Is there a way with WSH to get the logonserver for a windows 95 machine?

Thanx,

Roel

Sun, 09 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Logonserver (windows 95)
There is a script on my site that does this. Basically it parses the name of
the UNC path of the Z: drive. (During logon Win9x clients map a temporary
drive Z: to the \\logonserver\netlogon share)

Clarence

--
http://cwashington.netreach.net

On THIS site you will find everything you need to get up and running. A
script repository with over 200 FREE sample scripts, a downloads section
with FREE COM objects for scripting, a library of reference materials and a
online discussion lounge to provide community based technical support. Check
it out.

Quote:
> Windows 95 has no logonserver variable.
> Is there a way with WSH to get the logonserver for a windows 95 machine?

> Thanx,

> Roel

Sun, 09 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Logonserver (windows 95)
What about username? Any way to get that?

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999 17:12:39 -0500, "Clarence Washington Jr"

Quote:

>There is a script on my site that does this. Basically it parses the name of
>the UNC path of the Z: drive. (During logon Win9x clients map a temporary
>drive Z: to the \\logonserver\netlogon share)

>Clarence

>--
>http://cwashington.netreach.net

>On THIS site you will find everything you need to get up and running. A
>script repository with over 200 FREE sample scripts, a downloads section
>with FREE COM objects for scripting, a library of reference materials and a
>online discussion lounge to provide community based technical support. Check
>it out.

>> Windows 95 has no logonserver variable.
>> Is there a way with WSH to get the logonserver for a windows 95 machine?

>> Thanx,

>> Roel

Mon, 10 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Logonserver (windows 95)
Sure -

set WSHNetwork = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Network")
MsgBox WSHNetwork.UserName

Quote:
> What about username? Any way to get that?

> On Wed, 23 Jun 1999 17:12:39 -0500, "Clarence Washington Jr"

> >There is a script on my site that does this. Basically it parses the name
of
> >the UNC path of the Z: drive. (During logon Win9x clients map a temporary
> >drive Z: to the \\logonserver\netlogon share)

> >Clarence

> >--
> >http://cwashington.netreach.net

> >On THIS site you will find everything you need to get up and running. A
> >script repository with over 200 FREE sample scripts, a downloads section
> >with FREE COM objects for scripting, a library of reference materials and
> >online discussion lounge to provide community based technical support.
Check
> >it out.

> >> Windows 95 has no logonserver variable.
> >> Is there a way with WSH to get the logonserver for a windows 95
machine?

> >> Thanx,

> >> Roel

Tue, 11 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Logonserver (windows 95)
This works fine unless Z: is already taken, say with a Novell search
mapping.  Is there another way?

Lee

message

Quote:
> There is a script on my site that does this. Basically it parses the name
of
> the UNC path of the Z: drive. (During logon Win9x clients map a temporary
> drive Z: to the \\logonserver\netlogon share)

> > Windows 95 has no logonserver variable.
> > Is there a way with WSH to get the logonserver for a windows 95 machine?

Tue, 18 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Logonserver (windows 95)
Just read the Key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Provider

Kurt

Quote:

> This works fine unless Z: is already taken, say with a Novell search
> mapping.  Is there another way?

> Lee

> message
> > There is a script on my site that does this. Basically it parses the name
> of
> > the UNC path of the Z: drive. (During logon Win9x clients map a temporary
> > drive Z: to the \\logonserver\netlogon share)

> > > Windows 95 has no logonserver variable.
> > > Is there a way with WSH to get the logonserver for a windows 95 machine?

Sun, 23 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Windows 95/PowerPoint 95 Postscript Printing Problem

2. Windows 95 GDI or Windows printing system driver.

3. it's work with windows NT not with Windows 95

4. Windows Scripting Host on Windows 95 OSR2

5. Windows 95 OSR1 and Windows Scripting Host

6. Newbie- How to Print two ps files on one page (windows 95)

7. Announce: ps2wmf, ps2cgm, ps2mif, ps2wpg for Windows 95/NT

8. Ghostscript on Windows 95/98

9. GhostView works, RedMon does not (Windows 95)

10. Lasermaster getting goblins treatment from Windows 95

11. help printing postscript in windows 95

12. Printing PostScript files from Windows 95/98 on non-laser printer