FYI: Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer 
Author Message
 FYI: Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer

Just an FYI for anyone who might be interested...

Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Related newsgroup...

microsoft.public.security.baseline_analyzer

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
Seattle WA US
--



Sun, 26 Sep 2004 08:28:53 GMT  
 FYI: Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer


Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT  
 FYI: Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer
Thanks, Michael.  Looks like an important tool to add to the bag.  Just Ran it on my XP Pro laptop and was shocked when it discovered 4 missing hotfixes.  Will be using it on 10 Win2K boxes at work tomorrow.

--

Bill James
Microsoft MVPDTS

Win9x VBScript Utilities ? www.billsway.com/vbspage/
Windows Tweaks & Tips ? www.billsway.com/notes_public/


Just an FYI for anyone who might be interested...

Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/tools/Tools/mbsahome.asp

Related newsgroup...

microsoft.public.security.baseline_analyzer

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
Seattle WA US
--



Sun, 26 Sep 2004 10:06:50 GMT  
 FYI: Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer
I know that this is probably a real stupid question but how do you install a
Windows Installer Package (.msi) file?



Just an FYI for anyone who might be interested...

Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/tools/Tools/mbsahome.asp

Related newsgroup...

microsoft.public.security.baseline_analyzer

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
Seattle WA US
--



Mon, 27 Sep 2004 07:18:52 GMT  
 FYI: Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer

Quote:

> I know that this is probably a real stupid question but how do you
> install a Windows Installer Package (.msi) file?

Let it run from the link on the web page (Open vs Save) or save it and double click on the saved copy to open and run it.  The .msi file extension is associated with the Windows Installer just like .doc is associated with Word.

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
Seattle WA US
--



Mon, 27 Sep 2004 07:30:11 GMT  
 FYI: Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer
Hi mike,
Hats off to you.......simply superb and all my collegues are after me....to
see the demo..of the security analyzer tool

Appreciated

Rgds
VENKAT


Quote:

> I know that this is probably a real stupid question but how do you
> install a Windows Installer Package (.msi) file?

Let it run from the link on the web page (Open vs Save) or save it and
double click on the saved copy to open and run it.  The .msi file extension
is associated with the Windows Installer just like .doc is associated with
Word.

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
Seattle WA US
--



Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:02:11 GMT  
 FYI: Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer
This is a very nice tool, and the linked information is very well
thought out.  A great learning tool.
However, one patch seems stubborn, and refuses to be recognized
as installed:
  MS01-022  WebDAV Service Provider ...

 - Mitch Gallant

Quote:

> Hi mike,
> Hats off to you.......simply superb and all my collegues are after me....to
> see the demo..of the security analyzer tool

> Appreciated

> Rgds
> VENKAT



> > I know that this is probably a real stupid question but how do you
> > install a Windows Installer Package (.msi) file?

> Let it run from the link on the web page (Open vs Save) or save it and
> double click on the saved copy to open and run it.  The .msi file extension
> is associated with the Windows Installer just like .doc is associated with
> Word.

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> Seattle WA US
> --



Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:23:03 GMT  
 FYI: Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer
See:

Hfnetchk.exe Returns NOTE Messages for Installed Patches
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306460&SD=MSKB&

Same detection issue applies for MSBA...

There's also a thread going on this in the microsoft.public.security.baseline_analyzer NG...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
Seattle WA US
--

Quote:

> This is a very nice tool, and the linked information is very well
> thought out.  A great learning tool.
> However, one patch seems stubborn, and refuses to be recognized
> as installed:
>   MS01-022  WebDAV Service Provider ...

>  - Mitch Gallant


> > Hi mike,
> > Hats off to you.......simply superb and all my collegues are after me....to
> > see the demo..of the security analyzer tool

> > Appreciated

> > Rgds
> > VENKAT



> > > I know that this is probably a real stupid question but how do you
> > > install a Windows Installer Package (.msi) file?

> > Let it run from the link on the web page (Open vs Save) or save it and
> > double click on the saved copy to open and run it.  The .msi file extension
> > is associated with the Windows Installer just like .doc is associated with
> > Word.

> > --
> > Michael Harris
> > Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> > Seattle WA US
> > --



Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:39:13 GMT  
 
 [ 8 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. FYI: Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer

2. FYI: Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer

3. FYI - New Web Site Security Issue - Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability

4. FYI - New Web Site Security Issue - Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability

5. FYI - New Web Site Security Issue - Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability

6. FYI: Microsoft digital certificate stolen

7. FYI: Microsoft digital certificate stolen

8. FYI - Microsoft Data Access Components 2.6 RTM (2.60.6526.3) Now Available

9. FYI - Microsoft Data Access Components 2.6 RTM (2.60.6526.3) Now Available

10. FYI: Microsoft .NET Framework Service Pack

11. FYI regarding recent bogus email attributed to Microsoft

12. FYI: Microsoft digital certificate stolen

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software